Lakeland Dog

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

never mind the banter all good fun jackoleads them russells look livo mate
i don't mind the laugh buddy i do it myself, but you just kind of flewwwwwwwwwwwwww straight in, if you no what i mean,,,,,,,,bit to up front for me, LIKE YA MAM,,,,now thats ME :tongue2: CRACK ON FELLA :thumbs:

sweet night mate

glad to see some one still up jackoleads much snow up in the north me old cocker

ok then bilko, what do you do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i only go ratting, 1 russell, but go with a few mates, sorry plus springer, gun that is, your go cocker :thumbs:

i don't mind the laugh buddy i do it myself, but you just kind of flewwwwwwwwwwwwww straight in, if you no what i mean,,,,,,,,bit to up front for me, LIKE YA MAM,,,,now thats ME :tongue2: CRACK ON FELLA :thumbs:

just before i log off ive never fleeeeeeeeewn only flown .jacko or is that brush strokes ;lol

glad to see some one still up jackoleads much snow up in the north me old cocker

ok then bilko, what do you do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i only go ratting, 1 russell, but go with a few mates, sorry plus springer, gun that is, your go cocker :thumbs:

ha ha loose the mates get a precharged an a lakey

just before i log off ive never fleeeeeeeeewn only flown .jacko or is that brush strokes ;lol

i cant see a N, SO did you FLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SEE YA :drink:

First of all i'd like to say that the dog is cracking. However I think the problem you had was that the picture you put up was of a dog that had been stripped and his facial fur was left, GM always used to do this to make their heads look bigger (in the show season). Personally I think the dog has a good enough head without doing this.

I also agree with Dev, in that if the pic was of the dog in a field with dirt on his back - you would have had a totally different reply. I also agree with you in respect that a Lakie with a rough coat doesn't look as bad as a smooth coated dog.

The other point i'd like to add is that you said that every time you have seen the dog work he has killed to ground. This is a big statement, as i've been in this game for 38 years and have bred and still breed Middleton's line of terriers and i've had some very good fox killing dogs and bitches over the years, but even my best didn't kill every time. I'd be interested to know what terrain and conditions he was worked in i.e earths, rocks, drains, within roots, ledges etc. Every dig is different.

Over the Christmas I dug to a very game dog fox with a 3 year old black and tan bitch, she's a mixer but has never killed a fox, and the fox payed her well. When we drew the fox out and checked him, he hardly had a mark on him so we let him run for another day (as he was a game fox). You shouldn't under-estimate foxes, as a game one is as good as anything in the ground.

This is only my opinion and I hope you and your mate have a good season.

First of all i'd like to say that the dog is cracking. However I think the problem you had was that the picture you put up was of a dog that had been stripped and his facial fur was left, GM always used to do this to make their heads look bigger (in the show season). Personally I think the dog has a good enough head without doing this.

I also agree with Dev, in that if the pic was of the dog in a field with dirt on his back - you would have had a totally different reply. I also agree with you in respect that a Lakie with a rough coat doesn't look as bad as a smooth coated dog.

The other point i'd like to add is that you said that every time you have seen the dog work he has killed to ground. This is a big statement, as i've been in this game for 38 years and have bred and still breed Middleton's line of terriers and i've had some very good fox killing dogs and bitches over the years, but even my best didn't kill every time. I'd be interested to know what terrain and conditions he was worked in i.e earths, rocks, drains, within roots, ledges etc. Every dig is different.

Over the Christmas I dug to a very game dog fox with a 3 year old black and tan bitch, she's a mixer but has never killed a fox, and the fox payed her well. When we drew the fox out and checked him, he hardly had a mark on him so we let him run for another day (as he was a game fox). You shouldn't under-estimate foxes, as a game one is as good as anything in the ground.

This is only my opinion and I hope you and your mate have a good season.

here here coudnt agree more.how many times do you hear of fox slaughtering dogs(pre ban) you go out for a day expecting fireworks,and hark the sound of baying from below :icon_redface:

exellent point breeder ;)

Right. Lets clear a few hings up here.

The dog is 2 next month, so definately not 4, and the dog isn't Tupac.

The first pic that has been posted was when the dog was 10 months old, and his 1st strip to take out his puppy fur.

His first proper season was this one, where he has seen a few. He's not worked every weekend as the bloke who's got him likes to look after his dogs and don't want to ruin them through too much punishment.

He hasn't killed everything he's been too, but he has never backed away. He has always had the upper hand when we've dug through to him.

For all those slagging him off because he's a good looking dog, are you really that jealous? Must be because he's better than anything you've got in your own kennels??

He has won a bloody lot of reds, but you can obviously see from the pics that he does work aswel. When his fur comes back through, I agree you can't see anything, but then all you've got to do is look in the dogs gob.

Kris, well done for proving it mate, but you shouldn't have had to go that far. From what I can see, evryone slagging him off never offered any pics of their own dogs. They must just watch the DVD's at home and wish they had a dog that did it.

Edited by peter963