the time has come

RIP pup, im sure she had a nice send off

i worked in a animal hydrotherapy centre for a while and people just used to keep these poor dogs who had terrible autheritus and joint pain alive....cruel beggers couldnt give the poor old dogs a peacful pain free send off :(

you did what was best

Sorry to hear your bad news. I had to do this to my Russell last year she had cancer. It felt wrong at the time (like I was letting her down in some way) but now when I think back all I have are the good times we spent out and about.

I think the thing that hit home was my dads comment when I said she was in pain but still trying to get up and be with me and his comment was " Boy that dog was so loyal to you she would still try to follow you with no legs" thought that kind of summed her up.

All the best.

Hilly.

Sad loss mate, we i read threads like yours i feel the dog was lucky to have an owner like you for 16 yrs mate, some dogs are lucky to have a home for 16 weeks, she obviously showed you loyalty but you certainly gave plenty back. R.I.P. GIRL.