Hare

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i have dropped a good many hares, all from close (ish) range and never had one run off wounded. It should eat nice!

Although not recomended the airgun can and will put hares down as long as a relativley close and accurate shot is administered.

It is perfectly legal to shoot hares but i would ask people to remain aware that they are often suckling young from March through to september, and it would never do to leave such beautiful little leverets orphans now would it?

However, the person shooting at a hare 62 yards away it a total prick IMO....JD

well said!!! :notworthy:

Guest oldskool
A Hare is not legal quarry for a 12ft pound air rifle.

if hare can be shot with a catapult i would have thought a 12ft pound air rifle would have been legal too??? just wondered about that because i'm only goin by what i saw on the warreners dvd about catapults

A Hare is not legal quarry for a 12ft pound air rifle.

if hare can be shot with a catapult i would have thought a 12ft pound air rifle would have been legal too??? just wondered about that because i'm only goin by what i saw on the warreners dvd about catapults

That is not strictly the case...the mere fact of using a 12ft air rifle on a Hare in NOT illegal.. You are however leaving yourself wide open to prosecution under some of the mass of animal protection legislation if you injure it and it runs off..it would be argued it was not a suitable weapon!

As regards catapaults the legislation is confused and the same could be argued for them as for Air Rifles in the same circumstances!

Best to just move on and let this one drift away!!

EDIT...I refer to England and Wales....not sure about the rest of the UK!!

Edited by Deker