BLUE!!

Great looking dog mate, at eight months its good to see its doing the job :thumbs:

give him time to mature physically and don't burn him out to young and you will have a great dog for years to come,

Good luck.

THANKS!!any idea wat height he`ll be :thumbs:

Even at the height he is now he has shown great promise as a good worker,

A dog will grow till 12 months approx, and fully mature at about 18 - 24 months so i would guess another 2 or 3 inch tts, so give him plenty of time as he might be doing great but his lungs and heart e,c,t need to develop too, Ive seen good dogs burn out if run to hard to young.

Keep us informed on his progress, here is a pic of my new pup, 7 months old.

Edited by lurcher123

Great looking dog mate, at eight months its good to see its doing the job :thumbs:

give him time to mature physically and don't burn him out to young and you will have a great dog for years to come,

Good luck.

THANKS!!any idea wat height he`ll be :thumbs:

Even at the height he is now he has shown great promise as a good worker,

A dog will grow till 12 months approx, and fully mature at about 18 - 24 months so i would guess another 2 or 3 inch tts, so give him plenty of time as he might be doing great but his lungs and heart e,c,t need to develop too, Ive seen good dogs burn out if run to hard to young.

Keep us informed on his progress, here is a pic of my new pup, 7 months old.

very nice dog their!!! :big_boss::thumbs:

this is the deerhoundxgreyhound i got a while back his 8 months now and his doing every thing a1 nothing wrong he is now 23.5 inc lamped him the other night and he got 5 slips and he caught the 5 of them!! :thumbs: have a look in my gallery for pictures of when he was a pup !!! :big_boss::drink::toast:

nice dog there mate i used to have a greyhound x bedlington looked just like him brings back some real memorys! good hunting.

started of with these type of lurchers in the eighties bred some decent dogs who could kill hares single handed ,and had agood coat ,but got conned in to buying inferior pro rubbish thru clever advertisment and rubbish in books ,had them before the plummer and hanckock thing started blinding people with all that stuff caut three s with that type of dog but was good one

You mean like this one

kevinandsohpie2.jpg

yup just like that if he be as good!!!i`ll be sorted!!THANKS 4 THAT MATE!!! :victory: IS HE DEERHOUND GREYHOUND!!

No matie its not a deerhound x greyhound, but it is a deerhound lurcher I bred..never seen a blue first cross yet..

do you still keep that line going?

just reread your book and its a pity if you didnt continue your lurcher line

Its one of my greatest regrets baldie...

There is a lad in Bedlington, the kid on the photograph, he is older now, and has kept it going to a degree, the stuff they are killing is unbelievable.. :thumbs:

After my 3/4 beady/border wrote his self off this time last year at 8, I started reading working deerhounds by Bill Doherty great book! it made my mind up anyway n iv now got a 1/4dh 3/4gh bred by dave platts. This is my 3rd running dog and by far the easiest to train, she has done everything well so far good nose, loves to jump, silent in the kennel and the best feet out of all 3. upto now iv only ferreted N mooched about with her n the terrier's n she has caught 15 rabbits id love to be out lamping but im gonna hold on till she's 12 month. I dont no if my collie cross was that bright he tryed to take the piss or just hypo n thick??? but after being out with mine n daves deerhound xs it's like they have manners bred into them im impressed by them anyway!!

After my 3/4 beady/border wrote his self off this time last year at 8, I started reading working deerhounds by Bill Doherty great book! it made my mind up anyway n iv now got a 1/4dh 3/4gh bred by dave platts. This is my 3rd running dog and by far the easiest to train, she has done everything well so far good nose, loves to jump, silent in the kennel and the best feet out of all 3. upto now iv only ferreted N mooched about with her n the terrier's n she has caught 15 rabbits id love to be out lamping but im gonna hold on till she's 12 month. I dont no if my collie cross was that bright he tryed to take the piss or just hypo n thick??? but after being out with mine n daves deerhound xs it's like they have manners bred into them im impressed by them anyway!!

thanks for all the replies lads!!! :drink: