just collected myself a cz17hmr, modded up ect....

ive been told i should zero it up for 35yrds & it should be flat out to 125yrds or so...

your views please...

God knows where these daft figures have come from.......look here and then consider how that compares to your quoted figures

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/ballistics/rimfire.aspx

If you are not convinced then simply try to zero at 35 yards and see what happens at 125.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

ive been told i should zero it up for 35yrds & it should be flat out to 125yrds or so...

your views please...

God knows where these daft figures have come from.......look here and then consider how that compares to your quoted figures

If you are not convinced then simply try to zero at 35 yards and see what happens at 125.

well, by what those charts say it seems someone has been talking a load of shite.... ill take it out on Sunday & give it try...

what would you recommend zeroing it in to ?

Check out what it's doing at 200yds . Its a long way off flat then i thought about one until a mate took his up the range.

9-12 " drop at 200 and if its windy Oh i won't go on .

Hope you like it but it was not for me

realistically, i wont be shooting out further than 125 or so yrds & the closest will be approx 40yrds..

i hope i get on with it..

your views please...

well, by what those charts say it seems someone has been talking a load of shite.... ill take it out on Sunday & give it try...

It really depends on the land... and the range you find best suited for that land..however, mine is zeroed for 100 yards with 17g V-Max..this gives a reasonable distance either side of 100yards where next to no adjustment is required...just point and shoot. If I expect to be shooting a bit shorter I will tend to take the .22LR!

ATB..it can be a useful calibre!

Edit...rarely push the HMR to 200yards..personally I do not consider it an everyday 200yard tool...could well be that I simply find the .223 FAR more efficient in every respect at this distance.....the HMR is capable but you need practice and the right weather conditions...plenty of power to stop a bunny at this distance but it's a matter of putting the tiny round in the right place, not that easy at 200yards in the field despite what others may say!

Edited by Deker

your views please...

silverfoxsid08 i av shot 17hmr and it is good for 200 yrds

silverfoxsid08 if u r only shooting at 35 yrds u wont a air riffle

your views please...

an air rifle ??? no mate, if anything then a .22 rimmy...

i wouldnt shoot vermin out at 35 yards with a sub 12 air rifle..

your views please...

It really depends on the land... and the range you find best suited for that land..however, mine is zeroed for 100 yards with 17g V-Max..this gives a reasonable distance either side of 100yards where next to no adjustment is required...just point and shoot. If I expect to be shooting a bit shorter I will tend to take the .22LR!

ATB..it can be a useful calibre!

Edit...rarely push the HMR to 200yards..personally I do not consider it an everyday 200yard tool...could well be that I simply find the .223 FAR more efficient in every respect at this distance.....the HMR is capable but you need practice and the right weather conditions...plenty of power to stop a bunny at this distance but it's a matter of putting the tiny round in the right place, not that easy at 200yards in the field despite what others may say!

i know what your saying, i was down bisley a few months back on the 200 with a hmr & it was slightly gusty, & they were been blown about a bit..

i still have a slot available for a .223, reckon ill be filling that with a remmy 700 soon, but i reckon the hmr will do what i need it for.

rich

As has been said - I would zero for 100 yards - then its just point and shoot really from 70 yards to 125 yards - very little difference.

As for range - I have taken 175 yard corvoids without a problem, but as has been said, if the winds up you will need to have put in some practise.

HTH

Westy

your views please...

i wouldnt shoot vermin out at 35 yards with a sub 12 air rifle..

well you must be a bad shot 35 yards a 22 springer would take them out easy a .177 pcp with bipod and stuff can take rabbits out at 55-60 yards

just collected myself a cz17hmr, modded up etc....

Ive been told i should zero it up for 35yrds & it should be flat out to 125yrds or so...

your views please...

i wouldn't shoot vermin out at 35 yards with a sub 12 air rifle..

well you must be a bad shot 35 yards a 22 springer would take them out easy a .177 pcp with bipod and stuff can take rabbits out at 55-60 yards

really ! that interesting, something Ive always wanted to know !

are you one of these typical Internet hunters trying to get peoples backs up for a rise ?

bad shot, what the f**k would you know !

edited:

Ive just had a look through your threads ! looks like you know f**k all about f**k all !

you try & talk a good game, try posting some pictures of your quarry you rank amateur !!

conclusion, you're full of shit !

Looks like your back is up !

These sites seam to attract the i shoot the back legs of a fly with my .243 at 500 yds brigade .

Best thing its to put a block on reading his posts

oh definitely i could do that with an air rifle let alone a .243 :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: