have a rat problem at home

Hi Guy's,

Some advice for a newbie please! I have a lakelandxpatterdale and a rat problem. We have a seperate stable block and office with a pitched roof. When I am in the office I can hear them scrabbling around the roof area and I can see what look like holes around the building area.

My question is, is it worth trying to get my lad interested in catching them? Or is it a waste of time on his own as alot of the pics on here seem to show teams of dogs rather than singles?

I live just outside Banbury so any help appreciated as with young kids as well I feel abit uncomfortable with them playing around or near the office/ stable/garage if rats are roaming.

Many Thanks

Simon

Dont mess about with them mate get a pro in,if they are in a loft space they could start chewing through electrical cables,using a dog on agricultural or rubbish tips ect ect is great sport and a good way of knocking down big numbers but a roof space cavity wall ect ect .Good Luck You can always go on the trapping section and ask is there any pro pestie local who can help.

Dont mess about with them mate get a pro in,if they are in a loft space they could start chewing through electrical cables,using a dog on agricultural or rubbish tips ect ect is great sport and a good way of knocking down big numbers but a roof space cavity wall ect ect .Good Luck You can always go on the trapping section and ask is there any pro pestie local who can help.

Thanks for the advice! I will check it out. If anyone knows anyone local'ish to me then please let me or them know!

Simon

Guest ROUGH COATED
you could smoke them out of holes in the ground or flood them out with a hose pipe for the dog but the one s in the roof space i would trap or poisen

Do you think they will be living up there or just mooching about?

If its warm and dryer than outside they will be living in there so you need to get on it rapid