Tick removal

How do you guys deal with and remove ticks from your ferrets?

Yesterday I noticed one on the side of my young Jills face which was swiftly removed with a good grip right at the head of the tick and twisting off in a anti-clockwise motion which removed the entire part of the tick, today out again and i've found another 3 on her all of which were removed in the same manner as above removing the entire part of the tick, also on my old pole cat i have found 4 ticks on her today (1 of which was in her ear for tricky removal) however all removed same as above, now, is there any particular drops or potions i can get to prevent them using my ferrets as a host or even to put onto the tick so it drops off as i understand they can carry Lyme's disease and I don't fancy an infection due to a tick leaving it's head inside my ferrets.

Tomorrow the hutches will be getting a damn good clean out and disenfectant along with clean bedding etc etc.

Never ever had a problem with ticks on my ferrets before but this has only just happend the last few days since i have started feeding them fresh rabbits so i'm assuming they have come from that or even when they have been down the sets looking for bunnies.

anyway any help or advice wouldn't go amiss, I know the life cycle of a tick but would like more info cheers :)

Yesterday I noticed one on the side of my young Jills face which was swiftly removed with a good grip right at the head of the tick and twisting off in a anti-clockwise motion which removed the entire part of the tick, today out again and i've found another 3 on her all of which were removed in the same manner as above removing the entire part of the tick, also on my old pole cat i have found 4 ticks on her today (1 of which was in her ear for tricky removal) however all removed same as above, now, is there any particular drops or potions i can get to prevent them using my ferrets as a host or even to put onto the tick so it drops off as i understand they can carry Lyme's disease and I don't fancy an infection due to a tick leaving it's head inside my ferrets.

Tomorrow the hutches will be getting a damn good clean out and disenfectant along with clean bedding etc etc.

Never ever had a problem with ticks on my ferrets before but this has only just happend the last few days since i have started feeding them fresh rabbits so i'm assuming they have come from that or even when they have been down the sets looking for bunnies.

anyway any help or advice wouldn't go amiss, I know the life cycle of a tick but would like more info cheers :)

Try vaseline,it apparently suffocates the bloody things,but surgical spirit,nail polish remover.

Put it on saturate tick wait a couple of mins grab base of tick with tweezers pull out,i usually wait 5 10 mins you can see the tick releasing its grip.

Try vaseline,it apparently suffocates the bloody things,but surgical spirit,nail polish remover.

Put it on saturate tick wait a couple of mins grab base of tick with tweezers pull out,i usually wait 5 10 mins you can see the tick releasing its grip.

forget that... just use the tick remover & have a tick removed in a few seconds....

Had a tick infestation on my three ferrets after introducing a host rabbit. At least 20 ticks across the three ferrets. Removed them all quickly by applying spray on 'front line' for kittens and pulled off after 10 mins with fingers. Also stops re-infestation if applied every couple of months.