Gear Help...

I've been Beating on a Tiny Pheasant shoot for 5 Years now but have only just started doin' a bit of Shooting but am well and truly hooked!

I've got a Baikal O/U 12 Bore, some Decoys, Cammo Clothes & I think that's about It.

What else do I need? Specific products and links would be great! :thumbs:

Butch

I've been Beating on a Tiny Pheasant shoot for 5 Years now but have only just started doin' a bit of Shooting but am well and truly hooked!

I've got a Baikal O/U 12 Bore, some Decoys, Cammo Clothes & I think that's about It.

Butch

Is it pigeon shooting you just want to do,there are plenty of people out there that will tell you that you need a trailor full of stuff to be able to have success,if you have land to shoot on you can have some great fun with the amount of gear you have.You could maybe do with a hide net of some description.

A small decoy pattern on the edge of a fiend of rape or stubble,can work just aswell as a huge pattern with floaters,bouncers and a rotary machine,and remember once you've shot a few birds you can increase your pattern size with these birds.

Another option is roost shooting,which is probably the most simple way to shoot pigeons,all you do for this is find where the birds are roosting and lie in wait for them to come into roost and shoot them,easy.The trouble with this is if you are there on your own,one shot and they move to a different part of the wood,the secret to this is to get some of your beeting buddies and set 2 or 3 different places in the wood to shoot and you keep the birds moveing,trust me you can have some great sport this way.

I do all aspects of pigeon shooting and have great fun with roost shooting with shotgun and air rifle.

Hope this helps,PK

Butch

Is it pigeon shooting you just want to do,there are plenty of people out there that will tell you that you need a trailor full of stuff to be able to have success,if you have land to shoot on you can have some great fun with the amount of gear you have.You could maybe do with a hide net of some description.

A small decoy pattern on the edge of a fiend of rape or stubble,can work just aswell as a huge pattern with floaters,bouncers and a rotary machine,and remember once you've shot a few birds you can increase your pattern size with these birds.

Another option is roost shooting,which is probably the most simple way to shoot pigeons,all you do for this is find where the birds are roosting and lie in wait for them to come into roost and shoot them,easy.The trouble with this is if you are there on your own,one shot and they move to a different part of the wood,the secret to this is to get some of your beeting buddies and set 2 or 3 different places in the wood to shoot and you keep the birds moveing,trust me you can have some great sport this way.

I do all aspects of pigeon shooting and have great fun with roost shooting with shotgun and air rifle.

Hope this helps,PK

Shooting roosting pigeons can hardly be described as 'great sport'? :thumbdown:

Decoying....Yes and shooting them on a flight path coming to roost are the only two ways of having a good days shooting. Get yourself tucked in, keep still and happy shooting :thumbs:

I think it was worded as "wait for them to come into roost,not wait till they're roosting".If using an air rifle you have to wait for em to land,but roost shooting can be tricky as there branches and such like in your way.A little more difficult than a straight shot out of a hide into a field.PK

I think it was worded as "wait for them to come into roost,not wait till they're roosting".If using an air rifle you have to wait for em to land,but roost shooting can be tricky as there branches and such like in your way.A little more difficult than a straight shot out of a hide into a field.PK

Maybe we have got our wires crossed but since you said shotgun or air rifle i took it that you ment when they were on roost or you must be 1 hell of a shot with your air rifle.

Maybe we have,no worries.I've got an Air arms S410 .22 carbine 10 shot.Its the bollocks,a head shot on a pigeon sat in a tree at about 20-25yds is the same as hitting a 10p piece.More dificult than it sounds.

I wouldn't dream of shooting a sitter with a shotgun,whats the fun in that.

Happy hunting steviebhoy. :D

PK

Maybe we have,no worries.I've got an Air arms S410 .22 carbine 10 shot.Its the bollocks,a head shot on a pigeon sat in a tree at about 20-25yds is the same as hitting a 10p piece.More dificult than it sounds.

I wouldn't dream of shooting a sitter with a shotgun,whats the fun in that.

Happy hunting steviebhoy. :D

PK

I quite believe it would be PK, no waste of pigeon that way either i suppose?

Well each to there on bud and keep on banging. :thumbs: