What would you pay???

Just out of curiosity, what would you/have you paid for 100% terrier, one that could find, stay, didn't get banged up and could work consistantly throughout the season?

Also what would you/have you paid for a lurcher that can take a variety of quarry, i.e. lamped rabbit/foxes, take hare, work with terriers and take deer? The valued all rounder :good:

the most i've paid for a terrier is £200 and £200 is also the most i've had to pay for a lurcher, but if i wanted a dog that i no could do the job i would be prepared to pay a bit more if i had to ;)

dogs like that are worth their weight in gold mate i would be willing to pay any price for the right dog at the moment know of a rigeback cross greyhound that sold for i believe was 3500 quid well so i was told the dog was called ben

I would rather breed train and start it my self but if i need to get a working lurcher in i would pay more than i could afford for the right dog. but it would have to be the right breeding so i could carry on the line.

That's what i can never under stand, how people can pay so much for a pedigree dog that sits on its back side all its life, and then moan about paying for a well bred lurcher or terrier

Guest markbrick1

THE AVERAGE NIGHT DOWN THE THE LOCAL COSTS ME £60+ NOW IN WINTER I WOULD GO 3NIGHTS AWEEKAND SPEND£180+ TIMES THAT BY 28 WEEKS AND A FAT GUT U GET ALOT OF MONEY AND A COUPLE OF SORE HEADS I KNOW WERE I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY MONEY AS THIS SEASON I LOST 2 GOOD DOGS AND WAS PUT IN THAT PERDICKIMENT THANKS MARK

Guest markbrick1
Here's another angle, who under no circumstances would buy in an adult dog preferring to rear and train their own. I personnally wouldn't buy an adult.

I THINK MOST GENUINE DOG FOLK WOULD PREFARE TO BRING A PUP ON BUT SOMTIMES CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE THANKS MARK

Guest markbrick1

Here's another angle, who under no circumstances would buy in an adult dog preferring to rear and train their own. I personnally wouldn't buy an adult.

Got to agree with Cal,the reason being GOOD dogs are never for sale,i have seen to many of these big money dogs and intruth they are usually a heap of crap.Cheers Andy. :good:

I DO AGREE WITH THAT I BOUGHT A 15 MONTH OLD THE KEEPER SAID IT WOULD KILL HARES FOX DEER THE LOT IT WAS S..T SHE COULDNT DO NOTHIN I EVEN WENT TO NORTH WALES FOR HER BUT HE COULD TELL A FANTASTIC STORY ANYWAY I KNEW THE BREEDINBROUGHT HER HOME AND I NOW BELEAVE SHE IS A GREAT DOG SHE WILL NEVER LEAVE MY KENNELS NOT FOR BIG MONEY THANKS MARK

Got to agree with Cal,the reason being GOOD dogs are never for sale,i have seen to many of these big money dogs and intruth they are usually a heap of crap.Cheers Andy. :good:

got to disagree on peoples views on good dogs are never forsale only bull shitters and dog deales sell bad adult dogs genuine people offer trials.......