RUNNING THE (ODD)SUMMER HARE

Guest MOLLY

Whats the point in running an out of condition animal?

Would you run a dog if it was pregnant or in milk?

And what happens to the young when you kill the milky dam?

Only prats kill animals during the summer when they dont have a need to.

Its no wonder hunting is slowly but surely being banned with the idiots who do it now.

MOLL.

Guest midnight_runner
HAND ON HEARTS NOW LADS. ANY VIEWS ON RUNNIG THE ODD DAY TIME SUMMER HARE DONT BE PUT OF BY ANYONES VIEWS SPEAK UP........

seasons are there for are there to give the animals a chance to ----breed ...why the feck kill off next years quary killing anything wich is..... breading... or carrying young is in my opinion fecking pathetic get out the fishing gear theres other ways of keeping your dogs fit unless your obligated to do so

Think 'Maxhardcore' and 'Andy Super Dogs' have hit the nail on the head here !! Summer times a time to let both dogs and quarry rest !!

In my opinion coursing hares is about one thing and one thing only TESTING YOUR DOG !!! This is why a dog is ran hard through the season and given long slips on testing ground on WINTER hares !! Theres absoultly nothing testing about running summer time hares that are full off young !!

Our season starts at around the last weekend in August and finishes in early March and if we have some young dogs on we may go on to the end of march, thats the latest !! I've heard it 1000's of times at shows 'Been out this morning killed ......'' and its April/May/June !! Whats the point !! If you have young dogs thats need running wait until late August early September there will be plenty of young Hares to educate your dog !!

Like its been said earlier in the thread if your dogs been ran hard through the season 'it's petrol tank should be a little low' and the summer times there for 'Re-fuelling' !!

All the best Tommy ;);)

Think 'Maxhardcore' and 'Andy Super Dogs' have hit the nail on the head here !! Summer times a time to let both dogs and quarry rest !!

In my opinion coursing hares is about one thing and one thing only TESTING YOUR DOG !!! This is why a dog is ran hard through the season and given long slips on testing ground on WINTER hares !! Theres absoultly nothing testing about running summer time hares that are full off young !!

Our season starts at around the last weekend in August and finishes in early March and if we have some young dogs on we may go on to the end of march, thats the latest !! I've heard it 1000's of times at shows 'Been out this morning killed ......'' and its April/May/June !! Whats the point !! If you have young dogs thats need running wait until late August early September there will be plenty of young Hares to educate your dog !!

Like its been said earlier in the thread if your dogs been ran hard through the season 'it's petrol tank should be a little low' and the summer times there for 'Re-fuelling' !!

All the best Tommy ;);)

:good::good::good:

When it comes to summer months we go shootin squirels with my terriers and lurchers we get loads of them and were we go there a pest to the 2 farms that live either side of the wood we do abit of trout fishing Rattin on the 5 farms i have permition on and we tend to spend a bit of time just walkin the land but my dogs can not catch hares but we still do abit of diggin with my big terrier :ph34r: