skinning knife

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about this law change but I bet there are exceptions..

Like a Chef taking his Knives to work.

If your Hunting you need a Knife!

Butch

.. yes if its under 3" the cutting blade length and you are hunting but if you get in car for example and head home and stop at a shop for some juice and you go into the shop with it on your possesion you are comitting a crime .. also if you leave it in your car and go for a night out {not hunting} and the cops stop you and find it in your car you can be charged as you dont have a reason to be carrying it .... ;)

Look on every beach or pier and you will see filleting knives all over the place, just measured mine, 6 inch blade which is about the norm. Its always in my bag when out with the ferts or gun or fishing, otherwise its in the house and never left in the motor. Great for nicking through the fur & skin and because the blade is so long and slim you can run it straight through from bottom end right up and out through the rib cage by the heart in one passing, thats how sharp they are. Also no need for fingers to get in the way either. As stated earlier, you only need to do this to empty the stomach contents as you should be able to pull the whole pelt off in one go afterwards, although some of the older bunnies can be a bit on the tough side at times. I have a few lock knives and gerbers etc but nothing comes anywhere near the sharpness and ease of use that the fillet knives have to offer, even in and around the kitchen on fish and taking meat of the bone prior to mincing or cutting up meat for stir fry's...great all rounder in my opinion.... :D

a bloke i no was on his

way to his permission in his car and

got pulled by the old bill

asked him where he was going etc

then he asked him if he ad a knife the bloke

said yes he showd the cop and the cop

did him for the knife 3" blade

a bloke i no was on his

way to his permission in his car and

got pulled by the old bill

asked him where he was going etc

then he asked him if he ad a knife the bloke

said yes he showd the cop and the cop

did him for the knife 3" blade

this is quite a grey area in my opinion, if you can't carry a 3" knife or over for a specific legit reason like the above or like previously mentioned then how the hell can you legally buy one over a counter only to be nicked outside the shop door...crikey, go into tj hughes buy a set of carving knives, go about the rest of your shopping and then get nicked for carrying a fixed blade over 3"...fecking joke