I WANT to learn!!!

hi my name is james and im 18. i am a farrier apprentice working in newmarket. love working dogs and ferrets and the odd bit shooting. i have been lucky in life meet few olds boys to help me get started in country pursuits with the ferrets luchers n terriers.. i have now moved to newmarket and would really like to meet other lads that want to pass on their experience and knowledge to the next generation (me). really keen and determined lad. want meet genuine working dog people. not chavs that just want smash there dogs up/ run the arse off them and break thm down , i want to learn!!.. learn how to work dogs properly and with the great respect they deserve.. can any one help??

kind regerds

james

Guest Countryboyo

Youre a gas man seamus. Stick at it boyeen ban. you seem like a down to earth type guy. And if some wise ass is being too much of a know it all with you, as a lot of older generation hunters seem to be, take a step or two back and go straight for his jaw with a right jab. Pull hard hes no relation! And above all enjoy yourself!

Guest Countryboyo
Just out of interest James, reading your "want" thread, it sounds like an advert for shirt lifting!!! You sure them old boys ain't been taking advantage of you lol???

Take no notice of this anonymous fella hes only here to cause trouble i dont know how he isnt kicked off the forum.

Leave the young fella alone anonymous you sad F****r. Your nothing but a trouble maker

dont care what people think, i learnt what i could of the other lads that took me out but they gone into flying birds. still pop into say hello and they give me advise but looking to go out on regular basis hunting. not scared hard work either. i dont mind travelling either, if learning n having fun. wnat keep myself away from the hassel of day to day life and be out in the country mooching n hunting great british quary. be it above or below ground

many thanks fro all your replies.

hopefully someone will help or i will bump into someone out one day.

Guest anonymous
dont care what people think, i learnt what i could of the other lads that took me out but they gone into flying birds. still pop into say hello and they give me advise but looking to go out on regular basis hunting. not scared hard work either. i dont mind travelling either, if learning n having fun. wnat keep myself away from the hassel of day to day life and be out in the country mooching n hunting great british quary. be it above or below ground

Sorry for pulling your leg mate, out of order. Hope you find someone in that neck of the woods. Just a bit of advise, you are into horses right? Put an advert in the local feed stores, horse shops, they all have boards to advertise on. Just ask in the advert pretty much what you've asked in here. Good luck.

Guest Countryboyo

Sorry for pulling your leg mate, out of order. Hope you find someone in that neck of the woods. Just a bit of advise, you are into horses right? Put an advert in the local feed stores, horse shops, they all have boards to advertise on. Just ask in the advert pretty much what you've asked in here. Good luck.

Skitso. Glad to see youve cleaned up your act, thats more like it.

Heres a lad with his head screwed on. All the best mate

Steve

its hard mate. i've been shooting and ferreting all my life, nearly thirty now, but only just got into dogs. Still dont know anyone who is really into it and has the time to pass on the knowledge, dog men seem to be very cliquey and im an unknown. so im just making do on my own bringing the dogs on and learning as i go.

Hope you find what your after :thumbs:

hope your sorted soon, you sound like a genuine lad who loves the great british countryside and what it holds, if you were a bit further north you could come along and sample what the north east has to offer!! good look mate ;)