Sell or Put Down???

erm!! I have been the vets about that and they said to be onist at his age he isnt going to change much! and i would love to see someone try and get him in the vets lol!! thats quite funny to watch!! think i wil have to do the injection myself with the vet watching because no one will get near him with that fukin thing :( x

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right as you all know! I have a saluki/ Bull/ Greyhound, He is good at workin brings back live to hand! BUT...

He has a bad aggression problem, with people, other dogs and anything that moves!

He doesnt do the little stuff very well as is a very big dog!

He attacked my german shepherd for the 3rd time last night and the outcome was nasty! as couldnt get him off!

I am really stuck and dont know what to do please help!!!

I dont know wether it would be safe to sell him or give him away or wether it would be safer to just get him put down!!

:cry: please help :cry:

Chrissie

*just texting the water as dont know what to do yet*

You need to look at the aggression and what causes it, is it pack leader controlling others, if it sees you as the pack leader you should face it with different scenarios and control it making it submit or backdown to the situation.

It needs to learn that aggression is not tollerated, anticipating what is to come you control it from start, a simple swat with the hand can do this before it gets worked up. Keep working at it, don't give up until you have tried to sort it, never pass a dog on with any problems, if it can't be cured after trying all advice do the right thing.!!! Try watching the Dog Whisperer on Sky TV. Good Luck

Thats the only downer!! good job the bitch was a lovely girl and didnt give a shit and was ready for him!! didnt warn him off once!! had to have him on a lead though so she could get away if she wanted!!

He is a cracking dog!! GREAT at his job just a shame about the attitude!!! BIG let down:cry:

It sound's to me like you want to re-home him to someone...

With he's a great worker and that...

Van goff (spelling) was a great Painter but still a psycho...

I think You know what you have to do

Atb T 7...

Right as you all know! I have a saluki/ Bull/ Greyhound, He is good at workin brings back live to hand! BUT...

He has a bad aggression problem, with people, other dogs and anything that moves!

He attacked my german shepherd for the 3rd time last night and the outcome was nasty! as couldnt get him off!

I dont know wether it would be safe to sell him or give him away or wether it would be safer to just get him put down!!

Chrissie

You need to look at the aggression and what causes it, is it pack leader controlling others, if it sees you as the pack leader you should face it with different scenarios and control it making it submit or backdown to the situation.

It needs to learn that aggression is not tollerated, anticipating what is to come you control it from start, a simple swat with the hand can do this before it gets worked up. Keep working at it, don't give up until you have tried to sort it, never pass a dog on with any problems, if it can't be cured after trying all advice do the right thing.!!! Try watching the Dog Whisperer on Sky TV. Good Luck

Wow! sorry mate i have tryed it dont worry! If i try and swat that thing on the nose he will bit my hand off!! that is y its hard!! the only way i get it to stop at the mo is either leaving the room or if i get brave i will shuv it out the door with a chair or something!! then it looks at me with puppy eyes like!! what have i done!! but dont worry they dont work on me i just tell it were to go and leave it in the dog kennel for a bit!!!

Guest miller1989

ive came across this once with a mate dog didnt like being told what to do was a saluki cross! untill you show him whos in controll he will carry on, i dnt mind radgey dogs stand up to him,make yourself look big scare him! if no1 wants to show the dog whos boss this dog will! human friendly but hates other dogs!with bitches hes champion!

post-26147-1227188885_thumb.jpg

Edited by miller1989

Chrissie

Wow! sorry mate i have tryed it dont worry! If i try and swat that thing on the nose he will bit my hand off!! that is y its hard!! the only way i get it to stop at the mo is either leaving the room or if i get brave i will shuv it out the door with a chair or something!! then it looks at me with puppy eyes like!! what have i done!! but dont worry they dont work on me i just tell it were to go and leave it in the dog kennel for a bit!!!

Yeah thought you may have tried different things, sounds like you have had enough, don't sell, don't breed.