Sell or Put Down???

Right as you all know! I have a saluki/ Bull/ Greyhound, He is good at workin brings back live to hand! BUT...

He has a bad aggression problem, with people, other dogs and anything that moves!

He doesnt do the little stuff very well as is a very big dog!

He attacked my german shepherd for the 3rd time last night and the outcome was nasty! as couldnt get him off!

I am really stuck and dont know what to do please help!!!

I dont know wether it would be safe to sell him or give him away or wether it would be safer to just get him put down!!

:cry: please help :cry:

Chrissie

*just texting the water as dont know what to do yet*

Edited by xxchrissixx

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right as you all know! I have a saluki/ Bull/ Greyhound, He is good at workin brings back live to hand! BUT...

He has a bad aggression problem, with people, other dogs and anything that moves!

He attacked my german shepherd for the 3rd time last night and the outcome was nasty! as couldnt get him off!

I dont know wether it would be safe to sell him or give him away or wether it would be safer to just get him put down!!

Chrissie

its unfortunate and unless you plan to work alone and keep kenneles almost permanently...theres alway the what ifs???? the next thing cud be a young kid or a child... i pts a dog not so long ago just because he was a kennel fighter...let alone people aggressive!!!

for me i would put him down as hard as is!!!

Chrissie

As you sead pal is a tough call, but just imagine if it grabbed a child and you said yourself you couldet get him off a dog.for your own peice of mind id have to put him down....Thats my opinion anyhow better safe than sorry :yes:

Any dog aggressive to people is a liability and unless you know how to curb or stop it will only cause you greif.....passing it on to someone else wont solve the prob unless they have experience in curing this problem. It's bad enough being aggressive toward other dog's but people it's a no no in my book....personally I would have it put down but it's your call.

hmmm maybe try and work with the dog a bit more make the dog know whos boss!

I have had him for 8 years now! and he has just got worse and worse! he has never actually gone for me but if you try and tell that dog off or stand up to it! it will go for you! and grawl and i usually have to just back down :(

scares me a little sometimes :(

Gona miss the grumpy b*****d!! :cry:

I would pts, it may sound harsh, but dog aggressive you can cope with, human aggressive you cannot, he is a liability, what if he gets hold of a child? He should not be given away or sold, that's giving someone else all the problems to deal with. Being a bull x also, bull breeds have enough bad press already without it being added to if he did something to a human.

I have had him for 8 years now! and he has just got worse and worse! he has never actually gone for me but if you try and tell that dog off or stand up to it! it will go for you! and grawl and i usually have to just back down :(

I think unfortunately you know the answer, and need support to go through with it. You have made the right choice. It is not fair on the animal or your family to leave the situation as is.

Regards

Matt

no brainer in my opinion, it could be you next, pts as soon as, up until i read your last post i wasnt convinced but after reading that, if hes aggressive to you also, then pts.

I think it your decision as where only going on what your saying then... And then what we would do...

But everyone is different so the answer will never be the same...

Your the one that's living in the situation

could You go on living this way for much longer???

Be honest with yourself and then do what You think is right....

Atb in what ever you decide

T 7

I think unfortunately you know the answer, and need support to go through with it. You have made the right choice. It is not fair on the animal or your family to leave the situation as is.

Regards

Matt

You are right there i Know the answer in my head but i didnt want to believe i had to do that!

It is safer in the long run I know it is but its just hard when i get that lovely welcome when i come home of him running round like a mad man waggin his tail he is soo lovely to me!!

But i just cant trust him not after last night!!

wow im welling up!! :cry:

oh this is tuff :(

Just read the bit were you say you'd backed down from the dog because it growled at you....that should be it no question you cant have a situation were the dog thinks it's the gaffer. Take it to the vet or get someone to do it for you.

Just read the bit were you say you'd backed down from the dog because it growled at you....that should be it no question you cant have a situation were the dog thinks it's the gaffer. Take it to the vet or get someone to do it for you.

Its not that im a wimp coz it has had me chassin it round the garden before with a shuven coz it growled at me but when it starts spittin at the mouth it looks like it will actually do something!!!

I dont bloody trust it no more!!

Just wondering would anyone get a litter off him before i had him put down??