Salukis

I have a Saluki Greyhound but not for working, and I think that she is the most beautiful and most intelligent dog ever, and shes a dog version of what most men want, blonde, leggy, skinny, funny lol thats my excuse why she is spayed but all the males still want her. But she's my gorgeous girl and my baby I don't think I could be without her now.

And because I love showing her off, here she is :)

hpqscan0002.jpg

Ok I say she's not a worker but she loves killing the bull rushes down the lake and she has been taught to open the front door to visitors :)

My one issue with that photo is that she has been running and swimming for about two hours and then stopped and I took the photo as she was breathing out, and it makes her look skinny at her waist if that makes sense?

Edited by Lurcherlovr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bull Rushes" lol heard that one before!

So eh, did the sheep taste nice............ :D

lol shes as soft as anything bless her, she has caught pheasants before, but brings them back to us alive, and when she drops them they fly off, our other one a GSD Greyhound is totally different, but hes fav thing to catch for some reason is crows, so much that he can't be let off lead down the field near the park as he upsets kids as he has perfected the art of catching and shaking crows and all the children get upset, and I feel like I want the ground to swallow, I don't like crows, but the first time he did it there was a load of parents there who started shouting abuse at me and the dog, and the dog Diesel is the most protective dog I've ever met, so I had to hold him back after I got him on the lead and the people come over shouting, hes the sort of dog that would die for me, although it was funny when I walked past some balloons and Diesel thought that they were going to hurt me or something so he ran up from playing and pounced on the balloons teeth going everywhere, you should of seen how high he jumped each time one popped :whistling:

when she drops them they fly off

Just because they fly off doesn't mean they survive

She has a mouth like a retriever bless her, the other one is happy to kill, but she is so blonde she doesn't get it, mind you I tell a lie she did kill a rabbit the other day, we never realised she had one and she went swimming, and she drowned it in her mouth, not the most normal way of killing a rabbit but there you go, but we checked that rabbit to see if she had even cut it and she never, she just thinks that they are prizes or toys, she is not the most normal of lurchers, or longdogs whatever you want to call her, sometimes I say lurcher as not many many people say longdog, but they might die, but there's plenty of red kites around that will eat them so they would never go to waste.