Salukis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive own one or two and seen a lot more run and have to say past that distant gaze in some of them not all are some orsome dogs one freind of mine had a three quater saluki and had the very best of feet could run on anything,a welcome adition to lurcher breeding.
but how long did it take old fred to come back mick heard you needed a 4b4 to get it back lack of brain

aint talkin about that old yapper propper dogs is what im talkin about,les had a good un off paul from london and its pauls dog im onabout some quality that lad had,dean only had cast offs and youre write it wouldnt come back jase.

young dagger had a good coursin dog off paul as well deerhoun grey saluki grey one off the best this areas seen by no acount solo you mite not of seen him rough dog took some stuff jase none of them dogs brain dead.

Here is a great video that shows just how amasing these dogs are! ("Reem" is Arabic for female antlope)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtblKj_NmE&...feature=related

its a bit jumpy at the start but stick with it and you will be amased! Let me know what you think. Thanks.

youngshot

Some really good clips of Saluki's hunting on YouTube.

Here is another good link to Arabic forum

Here is a great video that shows just how amasing these dogs are! ("Reem" is Arabic for female antlope)

its a bit jumpy at the start but stick with it and you will be amased! Let me know what you think. Thanks.

youngshot

Love the replies you got especially this one.

But why not raise prey to quit their blood, then taste

A very delicious

I don't suppose hanging and bleeding 10 rabbits the Halal way was high on your priorities.

youngshot

Love the replies you got especially this one.

But why not raise prey to quit their blood, then taste

A very delicious

I don't suppose hanging and bleeding 10 rabbits the Halal way was high on your priorities.

Yes I got that alot, culture clash but on the whole they are a very kind friendly folk. I kind of stopped posting as I didn't want to disrespect the religion and traditions with my different methods.

she's a gritty thing, but just too s m a l l ... She does her best though! cross is something like 9/16 greyhound 6/16 saluki 1/16 staghound

tia.jpg

hoping to remedy the size problem soon though!

Thats a real nice looking bitch Wife, what height is she? I prefer them smaller myself, 22"-25" being my preferance.

Thanks meeri, she's baaaaaarrrrreeely 24" ... alright she's 23 7/8ths :rolleyes: I like the feathered Saluki's but happen to MUCH prefer slick coated dogs for some reason ... if things work out I'll be getting a SalX pup that happens to be big and slick coated, which is just want I want, although coat is the last thing I'd pick a dog FOR. It was just a plus!

You wouldn't think she's much by looking at her, and in the house she's quiet and unassuming, but a TOTAL food whore. We have 2 sore bitches so we had to bring out the "D" string as we had nothing else to run! I felt she was too small for the coon so she was more along for the ride than anything else, maybe we'd see something like a mouse for her to chase :clapper: Kidding, we figured she'd be there to help if nothing else. So suprise of all suprises on the other night we had 5 big (20 lb plus) coon with her and Kye's big male staghound Blister, she shocked the shit out of all of us! Tia was always the first there, crazy psycho flying nabs at fencelines, and has a tendancy to hold onto the bodypart she grabs, which was normally at the ass or back leg as it was going the other way. But Blister was always right there to neck the coon just in time to save the bitch from impending peril :D those coon feet and teeth are evil and she came through with just a few nicks and missing one toenail. Not bad for the little bitch, next night out will be single to see how she does. We prefer to run them single as one dog can injure another if the coon is latched on, but some green dogs need some moral support with their first coon experience.

Edited by His Wife
  • 2 weeks later...

had saluki crosses for near enough two decades and the strains are diffrent i have one thta is a proper all round dog no need for leask walks at heel lamp on out he goes comes in when told and a great dog to have about fetches jumps , and ive saw some thta are rubbish running away with qaurry chewin it , basicaly not obeident atoll for the nite time game , wouldnt be without them but a pure wouldnt do nothing a cross can do and cost twice as much ,thyere a socaile standard dog ive got a pure saluk laddy da , but no better than our purposed bred crosses ive had for 25 years or more ,or i woukld clean the keenel out and get all saluks , saw hundreds course but only a few i would have ,but i do like them and would have one but not as my main dog for flushing fast qaurry u need somethin else in them to get the best for catching game any were maybe im wrong but till shown need to disagree

would have to agree there whin.i've seen a few pure breds run,mainly in the wolds east yorks.they lack a gear for me.love the stamina and durability though.had a pure bred off p.sagar a few years back.would lamp all night no problem.my hybrid wiped the floor with it in the day though.