Salukis

I prefer pures myself, having run both pures and crosses as I find them more robust and this suit my type of hunting.

My experiences are; stamina out this world they are in a class of there own, speed more adequate and it's controlled speed, prey drive and tenacity is immense the downside is if you don't hunt them enough they will be difficult dogs, aggression is very high in my Saluki's they are highly dominant and protective, they will dominate any dog (or person around our home or truck) that comes too close, starting them hunting mine have been well into the swing of things from 5mths old and could not be held back from it.

I'll not bother to put loads of photos up here are my Flick-r pics, loads on there to see.

Here are my You Tube videos

I also run a Saluki forum, but some reason my banner below does not work on here :thumbdown: so you will just have to google it. :whistling:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't train in a formal manner with the Salukis like did when kept gundogs, more simply getting out and about and let them learn for themselves. I give clear indication of what behaviour I will and won't accept from the onset and that's about it really. They think as near like humans as you'll get from any dog so as long as you are that step ahead of them they are not difficult. I actually find them easier to work with than our other dogs.

ive own one or two and seen a lot more run and have to say past that distant gaze in some of them not all are some orsome dogs one freind of mine had a three quater saluki and had the very best of feet could run on anything,a welcome adition to lurcher breeding.

Hi guys and gals, just wanting pics of pure and x breed salukis.

How do you find them as a breed?

Are they easy to train, loyal ect?

Do you prefer a pure saluki or saluki x?

Your opinions appreciated.

Cheers DG

ALRIGHT DANGER GIRL, EACH TO THERE OWN BUT I WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE, YOU ONLY GET OWT OF A DOG [bANNED TEXT] YOU PUT INTO IT, I RUN SALUKI X GREYHOUND X IRISH TERRIER BOTH BITCHES HAVE BEEN 100% ON ALL GAME 4 ME,AND IN ALL WEATHERS. ILL TRY GET SUM PHOTOS UP

ive own one or two and seen a lot more run and have to say past that distant gaze in some of them not all are some orsome dogs one freind of mine had a three quater saluki and had the very best of feet could run on anything,a welcome adition to lurcher breeding.
but how long did it take old fred to come back mick heard you needed a 4b4 to get it back lack of brain

I'd appreciate some advice on how to train them. We've just homed a stray that's been ferel for 9mths. Useless as a worker but other than lead walking 3 times a day & been clean in the house she knows nothing. I've never had any dog like her but need to start some where with training before she decides to rule the roost. She's not allowed of lead at the minute as we'd never get her back. I dont want to hi jeck the thread so if anyone can help please pm me

I prefer pures myself, having run both pures and crosses as I find them more robust and this suit my type of hunting.

My experiences are; stamina out this world they are in a class of there own, speed more adequate and it's controlled speed, prey drive and tenacity is immense the downside is if you don't hunt them enough they will be difficult dogs, aggression is very high in my Saluki's they are highly dominant and protective, they will dominate any dog (or person around our home or truck) that comes too close, starting them hunting mine have been well into the swing of things from 5mths old and could not be held back from it.

I'll not bother to put loads of photos up here are my Flick-r pics, loads on there to see.

Here are my You Tube videos

I also run a Saluki forum, but some reason my banner below does not work on here :thumbdown: so you will just have to google it. :whistling:

great pics meerihunter like the look of kazakhstan bet that was some experience, did you get to see any dogs work out there..