Used my trail camera on a set we use to catch fisher. We do have problemw now and then of trap avoidance. First time I use the camera and here he is going around the trap.

We who trap them often know a steeper and smaller diameter tree is better. After this first time he went up through the trap every time. camera took about 20 pictures of him

Fisher5.jpg

Fisher6.jpg

Should mention that the trap is wired and nailed to the tree so it won't fire as our trapping season is over. This guy probably weighs around 12 lbs>

i saw the fisher in your first test pics what bait is that your using looks a bit like a beavers tail your a luck sod :D [bANNED TEXT] biggest thing we get up running poles here are squirrels :( keep putting pics up its nice to see different aspects of trapping in other countries :good: GOODHUNTING ALL WOODGA :ph34r:

Great pics H.H...

Could you not put a couple of furn branches iether side of your trap so he doesnt climb around it,would camouflage the trap as well?????

Have you taken fisher from that set before???

As Woodga said,get some more pics up ;)

Could you not put a couple of furn branches iether side of your trap so he doesnt climb around it,would camouflage the trap as well?????
your 100% trapper aren't you!--That's the proper thing to do. Also run a few boughs through the eyes on the spring for cammo also.

We use a trap this size even for the marten. just use a smaller diameter pole at a straighter angle. that way they can't go around. Also the bait would be up next to the trap. This would help keep him no reason to go around.

The bait is beaver. best bait there is. put a coon in the tree and it's rare anything will eat it. Deer meat is the second choice.

No i've never taken a fisher here, but sure would use the spot in the future.