• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somethimes you can't win either way and there are always busy bodies. I've had the cops called on me a few times when just out walking with a high powered torch, it comes with owning types of dogs that have a certain "reputation".

Now I just creep round in the dark like an escaped psychopath. :dance:

Edited by www
HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

>

> George Phillips of Marsh Green, Wigan was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

>

> George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

> He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said 'no'. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again...

>

> 'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them.' Then he hung up.

>

> Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.

>

> One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!'

> George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!'

>

> I LOVE IT - Don't mess with old people!!

Sounds like a plan & a half! :clapper:

id love to do that but i dont think id get away with it pehaps ill wait for april 1st
no mate do it to the most horrible bast**d you av to deal with each day love to see there faces if you did lol

If I'm in an area (lamping) where police cars may come across my vehicle, I usually put a note in the window saying who's land it is and my mobile number and state that I am legally there, although around the local villages I don't bother as plod knows my vehicles if they ever come around!. Cheers, D

No keen on that idea mate you might come back to your windows tanned in by some anti

there was a programme on the other night i missed it , inside out, about deer poaching ,the coppers sat on a road and were going to stop any vehicle that passed thatway, no if thats not a waste of man power i really dont know, forget the petty rural stuff a few old boys out to earn a shilling, and get into the towns, and get the pedos, granny muggers, and druggies, and all the other lowlife scum, that infests our country that my gripe, no thats too much like hard work,

"The one show" they made it sound as if taking a deer was a gateway to a life of crime,they said its linked to drug-dealing and burglary :blink: They were about to link it to international terrorism but decided they might lose their credibility on that one :clapper: David Attenborough put the presenters right though ;)

id love to do that but i dont think id get away with it pehaps ill wait for april 1st
no mate do it to the most horrible bast**d you av to deal with each day love to see there faces if you did lol

If I'm in an area (lamping) where police cars may come across my vehicle, I usually put a note in the window saying who's land it is and my mobile number and state that I am legally there, although around the local villages I don't bother as plod knows my vehicles if they ever come around!. Cheers, D

No keen on that idea mate you might come back to your windows tanned in by some anti

not a huge amount of antis, by us down here as its quite a rural place.

"The one show" they made it sound as if taking a deer was a gateway to a life of crime,they said its linked to drug-dealing and burglary :blink: They were about to link it to international terrorism but decided they might lose their credibility on that one :clapper: David Attenborough put the presenters right though ;)

when was that on?

>

> George Phillips of Marsh Green, Wigan was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

>

> George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

> He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said 'no'. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again...

>

> 'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them.' Then he hung up.

>

> Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.

>

> One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!'

>

:clapper::clapper:
Guest cattledogman

>

>

>

>

>

>

exerlent i herd a very simaler version a few years ago,and what was it attenborouh said? it doesnt matter to the deer who shoots it,? ;):clapper: Edited by cattledogman
Here you are LT,the one show 05/11/2008 last wed,hope you've never taken a deer or your on a slippery downhill slope according to aunty Beeb ;) (Dont forget to pay for your TV licence k?) :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fc..._Show_05112008/

Thanks for that Mack! ;)

More propaganda from the BBC. Did you notice the way that Adrian Chiles kept trying to force the issue, and got quite annoyed with David Attenborough & that other chap, when they took a common sense approach, making jokes about it, and telling it how it is? :D :D :D

Do the BBC really think that people still hang on to every word they say, and take is as fact?

Muppets...

Aunty Beebs household wildlife "Face" is Mr A,no one will ever remember Adrian Chiles(Though its difficult to forget his female co-presenter,she is HOT :icon_redface: ) :D Besides deer really are everywhere,a friend of mine wiped his beemer out hitting a fallow a few years back within the M25 and I have seen deer in London feeding on roadside verges :blink:

If I came back to the truck and there was a house brick on the seat it would almost double the value of the vehicle! Cheers, D.