my deerhounds/greyhounds

i just thought i would have a bit one on one with my deerhound/greyhound this afternoon abit obedience,retrieving ect.i like to go up near the wood were theres a few hunt jumps and plain wire fences i like to send him over,anyway there must of been a couple of guns out for the pigeons a few fields over cos i heard a few shots and i seen loads of pigeons lift so i thought i would keep out the way so i turned round and thought i'd head back and just as i turned i seen a fox break out of the wood about 50-60 yards ahead,my deer/grey spotted it and took of after it,i thought feck me he's never had one and he's by him self so the fox tried to make a 100 yard dash to a strip of fer trees but it only got within 30 yards or so from the wood when my dog hit it,the fox turned and he let go so the fox got another 5 yards and he hit it again the fox turned again but nipped him and he yelp and let go again but still in hot persuit he hit it again but followed through and bowled it and got a good hold round the chest and pinned it by that time i was there trying to do my bit and help my pal out but looked as though he had the job in hand so to speak.he'd recieved a couple of more nips but seemed unscaved by it,i was pleased how he delt with his first charlie but i'd of preferd it if he was doubled up first,not to worry i got away with it

387078.JPG

Nice looking dog mate !!!!!

Not my type of dog deerhound crosses but they look the part. Great stuff :D

What line of deerhound cross is he bred from e.g platts, slack etc

All the best Tommy ;);)

Nice looking dog mate !!!!!

Not my type of dog deerhound crosses but they look the part. Great stuff :D

What line of deerhound cross is he bred from e.g platts, slack etc

All the best Tommy ;);)

sorry about the feck up lads hopefully ian b will delete the others,tommy he's bred out of docherty/arkinglass as he's a 3/4 bred.

got to be happy with how it all worked out, well done. :good:

how ye doing max,ye i was pleased with the end result but it could of gone the other way as you know,i think he'd of learnt off it,i'll go out my way next season looking for these varmints now iv'e got the bug,i'm pleased it was a dog fox anyway. :good:

Guest mick l

well done marco [bANNED TEXT] nice looking dog. the little black bitch i bought of you is doing ok took her out last week on the lamp give her 4 slips on rabbits got 3 didnt want to over do it started to hunt up a little afer she missed but nowt much to worry about as she is still young and still learning .mick l

sorry about the feck up lads hopefully ian b will delete the others,tommy he's bred out of docherty/arkinglass as he's a 3/4 bred.

is he 3/4 greyhound or 3/4 deerhound [bANNED TEXT]

he's docherty deerhound/greyhound x arkinglass pure deerhound,mickl im pleased the little bitch has settled in,spot on :good: