I thinking about getting the gsg mp5 .22 has anyone tried this gun? is it any good?

do you think it was made to the same as spec as the orginal mp5?

cheers

i held one at the local gun shop, & to be honest, its a plinker in my opinion & nothing more...

the over barrel shroud un-screws to reveal what looks like a Mc donalds straw, & that aint a joke....

if you have £425 to burn on what looks like an Mp5 immitation, then go for it, but if youre looking for something with accuracy, i doubt this would do.

rich

Never used one but saw one at a show (at Bisley I think), anyway I would share Richies view above.

This is a plinker, it will obviously do the job in some situations but certainly not to be taken seriously as a hunting or target tool...so that leaves plinking!!!

Edited by Deker
Never used one but saw one at a show (at Bisley I think), anyway I would share Richies view above.

This is a plinker, it will obviously do the job in some situations but certainly not to be taken seriously as a hunting or target tool...so that leaves plinking!!!

.22 is more accurate then a 9mm so in theroy should be more accurate the hk version.........i cant find any orgininal hk mp5 chambered for .22 or even a straight pull (9mm) one.....although given what the orgininal hk is designed for, i dont think it would be taken seriously either as a target or hunting weapon as well.

i dont think it would be taken seriously either as a target or hunting weapon as well.

thats what were telling you.... in laymans terms ! " my personnal opinion " i think its a piece of plastic shit that aint worth a wank, a gimic, a look what ive got, its a cheaply made MP5 look alike !

dont get me wrong, it will probably be fun down the club for a bit of 3 point, but to take it out to hunt with it ? nah, ill stick to my cz..

one that has been surpressed..

e name='Deker' post='730465' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:43 PM']Never used one but saw one at a show (at Bisley I think), anyway I would share Richies view above.

i dont think it would be taken seriously either as a target or hunting weapon as well.

thats what were telling you.... in laymans terms ! " my personnal opinion " i think its a piece of plastic shit that aint worth a wank, a gimic, a look what ive got, its a cheaply made MP5 look alike !

dont get me wrong, it will probably be fun down the club for a bit of 3 point, but to take it out to hunt with it ? nah, ill stick to my cz..

i was talking about the orgininal HK MP5 9mm, cant see that being accurate enough for hunting or serious target work.....as it is designed for use

by plod and millitary.....the .22 version should be more accurate then the 9mm but nothing in terms for anything decent......just an expensive 'toy' :angry:

Having used an MP5 in the forces had a close look at one, over barrel shroud does indeed reveal a mcdonalds straw. i think its just a gimmick. what would a landowner say if you turned up on there land with that or indeed if a member of the public were to see it. Blue lights over the horizon. Get a CZ you wont go wrong. Well thats my opinion anyway :whistling: