1 st heat cat and tilly

Guest markbrick1

Minnion, Mark won't pull out..... there is no reason to !! No one in the competition thinks there is anything wrong with the way the heat was run, so f##k the rest !! If they are so interested in it....why didn't they enter ??? Or why don't they shut the f##k up and enter next year ??? It was a comp for 32, but we struggled to get 16 !! Perhaps they just like sitting in front of their screens, instead of getting out, wonder how many were out last night, one of the best lamping nights so far this season !!

Cheers.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the way i see it and this has been explained to mark, he's not in a position to pull out and let spep through!!! He won his heat as indicated on here fair and square, whether its 9-7 or 90-70 it makes no odds, this is the dog game and there are no dead certs!!!!!!

If mark does pull out, that doesn't put spep through, it just gives his next opponent a free pass into the 3rd round!!!!

Minnion, Mark won't pull out..... there is no reason to !! No one in the competition thinks there is anything wrong with the way the heat was run, so f##k the rest !! If they are so interested in it....why didn't they enter ??? Or why don't they shut the f##k up and enter next year ??? It was a comp for 32, but we struggled to get 16 !! Perhaps they just like sitting in front of their screens, instead of getting out, wonder how many were out last night, one of the best lamping nights so far this season !!

Cheers.

I hope those fucks weren't aimed in my direction Richie :blink:,infact it's a bit out of order full stop as the f**k the rest attitude to those not competing in it are the VERY people who IF the comp/final is videoed you'll all be trying to sell the dvd's too ,i've spoken to Mark on the phone and given him my support on proceedings,like you say the result was final END OF! I was in no situation to have a dog in this or any competition when this was organized,i have two retired lurchers of 13 and 11 years respetcively,the one runner i did have was unfortunately killed back in July so i go a relacement for her off Joe Ox,she was 11 months old at the time as i said on an earlier post injury and health free we'll see how she is this time next year :victory: .I AM intersted to see how the comp progresses as are MOST of this forum,no i'm not in it but having met one or two of the people in it including yourself,longdogrunner,TOMO,Rew,Fieldmarshall,Maxhardcore to name a few it'll be good to see how things go.Anyhow good luck to all and their mutts :cheers: ...just to add the long term weather forecast for up here this next week is to be bitter cold with a chance of sleet and snow :blink: ,hopefully it'll be wrong (as is the norm) and you lads can get your dogs ran :thumbs: Cheers Andy. :boogy:

Cheers.

I hope those fucks weren't aimed in my direction Richie :blink:,infact it's a bit out of order full stop as the f**k the rest attitude to those not competing in it are the VERY people who IF the comp/final is videoed you'll all be trying to sell the dvd's too ,i've spoken to Mark on the phone and given him my support on proceedings,like you say the result was final END OF! I was in no situation to have a dog in this or any competition when this was organized,i have two retired lurchers of 13 and 11 years respetcively,the one runner i did have was unfortunately killed back in July so i go a relacement for her off Joe Ox,she was 11 months old at the time as i said on an earlier post injury and health free we'll see how she is this time next year :victory: .I AM intersted to see how the comp progresses as are MOST of this forum,no i'm not in it but having met one or two of the people in it including yourself,longdogrunner,TOMO,Rew,Fieldmarshall,Maxhardcore to name a few it'll be good to see how things go.Anyhow good luck to all and their mutts :cheers: ...just to add the long term weather forecast for up here this next week is to be bitter cold with a chance of sleet and snow :blink: ,hopefully it'll be wrong (as is the norm) and you lads can get your dogs ran :thumbs: Cheers Andy. :boogy:

Andy, it was not aimed at you, why would you think that ???? You have only been supportive of the competition !!! It was aimed at the people who are having a go at the competition and/or Mark !!! As for the selling of any video, I don't know anything about that and have absolutely no interest in it !! I entered the comp to make up the numbers, as there had been countless people who wanted in, until it came to paying the money !!

Cheers.

Isnt the internet great..........it brings together so many diverse people from all corners of the country :D

Aye, a place where nutters from all corners of the country can get together & argue! :D

Sorry if i've misread it Richie :icon_redface: ,i was of the opinion that i was one of those you referred to as it was ME who thought it not a bad idea to run the final on a basis of most caught but not over just a set time.Anyhow,good luck everyone...are there no heats tonight because it is blowing a hurricane here in Cumbria and is forecast the same tonight :ninja: .Cheers Andy. :cheers:

Andy, this is the first time the comp is being run, and there are bound to be teething troubles, so any suggestions as to how to improve it are welcome and will be taken on board. It's the VERY FEW who seem to want it to fail who I take exception to. As to the weather, it just said on the telly that there will be snow here next week !! I wish we could have weather like thursday night all winter !! Had quite a succesful night out myself !

Cheers.

This comp will be very interesting to see..........and a great crack, its a shame that it will be hijacked by one competitor.

That said, if and when he go,s out........then you will be back to a bunch of normal lads who dont shout about what they do.

It will get a whole lot more entertaining then IMHO...........I am looking forward to it.

So crack on lads, have a great time..........and keep us all informed.

Ive not read back far enough to see who the moaners were, basically cos I cant be arsed but I think there will always be moaners no matter what, the best thing to do is let them get on with moaning :clapper: A fair competition of any kind is always going to be a hard thing to organise and theres always going to be someone whos not happy, my advice to them is DEAL WITH IT :D At the end of the day the competitors (who pay their money to enter) and the people running the comp are the only ones who's opinion matters, everyone else like CP says can f**k off, their opinion is just that, their opinion. Its easy to read words on a screen and mouth of ways it should or should be done, like that old character from the Harry Enfield show :clapper: but the only way I can see the comp being run more fairly than it is allready is to run it on completely neutral land to both parties (ie poach) and then if that was done it means the comp is no longer legal and above board, so the reports probably couldnt be written on here for everyone to read? (and the moaners to moan about it :clapper: ) Yes its October so what? I dont know where some of you lot live but I tell you up here it is bloody cold and blowing a gale force storm, temperatures have allready dropped to freezing a few times and theres no leaves left on the trees. Theres no young rabbits about and those that are still here are educated to the beam and provide a decent test for a lamping dog.

Theres a million and one different slants you could put on this comp you could run it on a sudden death basis, imagine that, your dog misses the first rabbit of the night :o and thats you out! or it could be run on the basis of no time limit, just keep running the dogs til they cock or the owner does, but thats hardly sporting, fair or practical. I dont know where spep lives but assuming he has had to travel to Mark to run his heat, and other competitors will have to travel to other places to run their heats, then it seems fair and pratical to put a time limit on things, of 3 hours or whatever it is.

Im assuming the lamping is all done on foot? so time will be used up to a certain degree walking the fields. None of us can say how many rabbits will be available on any given night, even on "guaranteed" bits that have a good population, hands up how many of youse can say "oh tonight I will go out and catch 36"

Come on get real folks, yes ok so it was a surprise that Mark only got 20 something rabbits (sorry canny mind how many it was?) but he usually lamps from a vehicle, meaning he covers more ground, and also hes on his own time scale so he can stay out all night to get a big bag if he wants to. When you are on foot your never going to cover the same amount of ground in the same time frame.

If I have read the wee bit that I have read correctly? both Mark and spep are happy with the outcome of the first heat, so isnt that all that matters? theyre the ones paying their money and getting out there. I think as things go the organisers have done their best to ensure fair rules that will keep the majority happy (can never please everybody) so whats the problem? Every thread these days ends up being 14 pages long, Its hard work catching up when youve been offline for a few days :blink:

Just my tuppence worth :tongue2: . Good luck to the rest for the remaining heats :clapper: