1 st heat cat and tilly

Guest markbrick1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never ceases to amaze me that the one's that shout the loudest are the one's who never entered in the first place....from what I've seen or read everything was fair and equitable and agreed by both parties so that should be the end of it. The competition was never about numbers was it? dont matter if the dog won by 1 feckin rabbit it still won.

Lets be honest here...no fault of Mark's that the ground didn't hold an abundance of rabbits,Cat caught more than Tilly on the quota each ran END OF!! Cat along with Mark move on to the next round.I AM a man for the numbers,always have been always will be,i think it would be great to see the final atleast ran and decided on the most caught ALL night and not in a given time,not just a best of a dozen or so each runs...what does that prove? Let's see the cream of the crop :victory: ...No i haven't got a dog running in this comp,my dog had never even caught a rabbit before this was organised so before you all jump on the bandwagon :nono: .Good luck to the lads/lasses with their canine troopers in the comp :cheers:

Don't really know what difference 3 hours or all night will mean mate. It is normally within the first few runs each that you know if you have a decent dog or not.

If you mean you want to know which dog can run all night then that's a different comp altogether aint it? We paid our money and agreed on the rules. If you get yourself a runner and get him fit then enter him next year and see what you think mate

If someones being verbally pressured out because their victory is questioned due to the terrain or lack of quarry on a given night,it makes a mockery of the whole event,no one can foresee how each round is going to play out,take it as it comes.

Come on mate are you pissing about or are you a referee, take a day off :thumbs:

If i'm not mistaken Nellie has been asked to referee atleast two heats ;) ,as for those calling him believe you me this fella probably catches more in a week than some catch in a season,he'll probably start whingeing at me for saying this but he's not one for competitions and the like,he doesn't and never has wanted ANY publicity,those that know him will back me up on that i'm sure.As for calling him a prick Mark,well thats below the belt fella ;) ,i actually spoke to Nellie a day or two ago and he holds you in high esteem so to call someone for voiceing nothing other than an opinion is a bit rash i'd say? Let the comp roll on,Mark & Cat the 1st ones into the hat for the next round.For what it's worth i'm tipping young REW to make the final,i've seen his bitch at graft and she'll take some beating :thumbs: ..so Longdogrunner i hope you have Bruce the wonder dog at his peak,if not you can wave goodbye to this comp :cheers: .Cheers Andy

Just to add Spep21,i now have a bitch running fella,so fingers crossed she stays sound and healthy,would be great to meet up with some of you lads for a gallop or two this time next year.All the best.

Edited by ASD

[Just to add Spep21,i now have a bitch running fella,so fingers crossed she stays sound and healthy,would be great to meet up with some of you lads for a gallop or two this time next year.All the best.

Best of luck with her mate, what breed is she?

Theres a few people put time and effort into getting this competition up and running; organising it, collecting the money, arranging heats, places for people and dogs to stay, getting the trophies, etc; not to mention the 16 who actualy put up their £50, offered beds for the entrants and kennelling for their dogs, and NOT ONE of these peope has said anything derogatory about the competition !!! I'ts only one or two who are having a go; wether it's some sort of jealousy, or just an opportunity to have a dig at Markbrick, I don't know !! MARK...stop being a primadonna.. you won your heat fair and square, your in the next round, no one taking part has ANY complaints !!!!!! Lets just get on with it....the vast majority on most sites want to hear whats happenning with the comp...not slag it off !!

Cheers.

I'm not a member of the Mark Brick fan club - however I think he should go throught to the next round.

Numbers caught on the night - his dog won 9 - 7 - most people would have liked to see a bigger bag, but unless you got merlin the magician along to pull some rabbits out of his hat if the rabbits aint there on a particular night for one reason or another (who knows if someone else had had a sniff round earlier in the evening???), you aint going to catch them.

Heat ran early??? the original date when the comp was first put up was Oct 1st - it slipped back to Nov 1st when there was lack of numbers- but if I remember correctly in one of the threads (& I have'nt got time to dig it out) there was the provision to run the heat early if both parties & the ref agreed.

Get back in the Comp Mark, i'm sure Spep doesn't want to go through on this basis (from his reports he's a sporting man) - remember the ones who are having a pop wouldn't step up to the plate in the first place!!!

Edited by jeepster
Best of luck with her mate, what breed is she?

She's a bitza Spep21....3/4 Minshaw 1/8 Deerhound 1/16 Bull 1/16 Grey,she had been showing great potential,until last night when for whatever reason she ran bloody awful to be honest :o.It was only her 5th ever look so hopefully just a blip,still she managed a few big rabbits so perhaps not as bad as i'm making out.Cheers Andy :good:

TOMO,the only trips your gonna be having out in the comp is to referee,your out on your arse 1st heat mate :rofl:

Edited by ASD

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN WITH MARK, HE DOES THROW HIS DUMMY OUT AT THE SLIGHTEST THING, CAUSE HE LIKES ALL THE ATTENTION WITH PEOPLE WRITING AND SAYING " NO MARK DONT GO " IF YOUR GONA DROP OUT MARK THEN DROP OUT DONT WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO WRITE TO GET YOU TO STAY IN , ITS LIKE ALL THE TIMES YOU HAVE SAID YOU WERE GONAS LEAVE THE SITE, EITHER LEAVE OR SHUT UP, NOT EVERY ONE IS GONA LIKE YOU BUT MY GOD YOU DONT HAVE TO BE SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME.

Well done Mark, hard lines Spep21.

Sounds like you had a good night. As for the amout of rabbits - so what? you can only catch what's there!! You don't have to justify yourselves to anyone.

If you win every heat 9-7 you will win it!

Some people will pick at anything and look for chances to take digs at people - just ignore them.

However, if mark does pull ou I dont think that spep could come back in. If your beat, your beat. I am sure he wouldn't expect to get back in. Nor would I if I loose to fieldmarshall. Just my opinion.