Im after a little info on them... I'm thinking of upgrading my dog wagon... after i discovered there fairly cheap on insuarnce when compared to alot of other trucks...! What sort of MPG do you get from a 2.8 turbo diesel...? How do they handle on the road...? Are there any common problems with them...?

YIS

BB

sound like they are solid little wagons, They seem cheap on insuarance... I passed my test only a couple of weeks ago, i'm paying £1000 and will be paying £1800 when i renew for my puegeot 306 1.4l.... and a 2.8l turbo fourtrak is £2300, its alot of money... i just have to persuade myself i'm worth it... lol....

cracking little truck the fourtrack the problems only start when towing regular...the first of the fourtrack models suffered from weak rear leaf springs and used to crack the leaf untill uprated springs were fitted, think we only paid 60 quid for new uprated leaves from a company called woodheads and the newer independent model had eradicated this problem by using springs all round, the only problems we had with the independant model was that towing the horsebox on long hauls tended to cause the engine to overheat due to inadequate fan being fitted but again there is an auxhilary fan kit that can be fitted to the front of the radiater, only cost 50 quid and was eady to fit and eradicated the problem imediatley, if your not going to tow then id say these trucks are pretty damn tuff and the bigest mistake we done was to sell the last one and buy an l200 ...underpowered and thirsty...good luck on your new purchase, hope ive helped

I owned a H plate one. Very good engine, good at towing and off road.

Rust buckets though and believe it or not dont go for the independant ones!! Yes more comfort on the road but shite off road, diff problems, shocks explode, rear crankshaft seals go, engine out job.. £££££££££

Can you put up with the oil leaks?

Stork - I get nearly that out of my jeep - 4 litre straight 6 auto - averages 17 - 18 mpg - if you boot it hard on a long hill you can get the coputer to read 6.5 mpg!!! - but the comfort is there - I can drive it from one end of the country to the other, only stopping for fuel & get out of it as fresh as if I'd just driven it round the fields!

Stork - I get nearly that out of my jeep - 4 litre straight 6 auto - averages 17 - 18 mpg - if you boot it hard on a long hill you can get the coputer to read 6.5 mpg!!! - but the comfort is there - I can drive it from one end of the country to the other, only stopping for fuel & get out of it as fresh as if I'd just driven it round the fields!

yea if i get in the shite and boot it then bye bye fuel but clutches mine just eats them im off the road coz yet it need another new clutch i will make this one last and then sell it and buy a different 4x4