tree rats

Guest DogFaceKillah

Guest DogFaceKillah

does anybody have dogs that have masterd the art of picking one up before they get up the trees?

i have a bitch that has it down to a fine art never trained to do so, or aimed the dog at them but she loves them,! i might have some pictures of a few retrieves, i find it a good crack just chasing them with the pup i got! keeps him keep,

ATB :clapper:

does anybody have dogs that have masterd the art of picking one up before they get up the trees?

i have a bitch that has it down to a fine art never trained to do so, or aimed the dog at them but she loves them,! i might have some pictures of a few retrieves, i find it a good crack just chasing them with the pup i got! keeps him keep,

ATB :clapper:

Mine will give it a go but havent connected on their own yet. They were oblivious to them til they saw me shoot a few but now keep a good eye on the trees :thumbs:

There must be quite an art to catching them on the ground, sounds like a good dog.

pre ban my little jack was a demon on them...would mark and climb trees to get at the feckers...best fun was when they run out of the trees into their nut stores and the dog wouldturn herself inside out and upside down to dig them out, you knew when she was close when you heared the squidgie barking...now its banned she just retreives :whistling:

pre ban my little jack was a demon on them...would mark and climb trees to get at the feckers...best fun was when they run out of the trees into their nut stores and the dog wouldturn herself inside out and upside down to dig them out, you knew when she was close when you heared the squidgie barking...now its banned she just retreives :whistling:

i`ll second that, we have had some wicked fun on the squidgies with her :clapper:

The only bitch I ever had that caught squirrels was a lab x springer! Probably cus my father-in-law took her out one day when he was knocking em out of nests

A mates springer had a chunck out of it's nose to a squig. It was shottyed out of the tree and the dog went to retrive It and It sunk It's teeth In to the dog. Was a hell of a bite too! Needless to say the dog wasn't as easy with them again.

Anyone else seen or had squirrels to ground??

The only bitch I ever had that caught squirrels was a lab x springer! Probably cus my father-in-law took her out one day when he was knocking em out of nests

A mates springer had a chunck out of it's nose to a squig. It was shottyed out of the tree and the dog went to retrive It and It sunk It's teeth In to the dog. Was a hell of a bite too! Needless to say the dog wasn't as easy with them again.

Anyone else seen or had squirrels to ground??

saw justins bitch take some stick on the first couple, before she learned how to dispatch them properly, one took a nasy chunk out very very close to one of her eyes, and when we used to dig them out of the ground she would get bitten trying to get them out, have only seen them go to ground in this one large wooded area though