what lamp is best

horses for courses.

i have a lightforce 170 with 17 Ahr bat - lov it to pieces although it will blow fuses given any chance - i capped that though by replacing the fuse with a spent .17hmr case which is fine but you have to keep an eye on how long you have it on for i think.

the clulite is very useful if you are doing more covert lamping as the lamp fits nicely into a coat pocket and with battery underneath you only look like a fairly dodgy bloke walking your dog in the middle of the night.

i would stick with my 170 though, light up the other side of a field like midday.

others will say differently though.

on-point

17 amp is a mininum must for all night power requirements,as for the head it depends on the area you would like to illuminate

over a certain distance,and whether you prefer a narrow beam as opposed to a wide beam,also the bulb must be of a suitably efficient wattage,

Higgins.

Guest smashygadge
17 amp is a mininum must for all night power requirements,as for the head it depends on the area you would like to illuminate

over a certain distance,and whether you prefer a narrow beam as opposed to a wide beam,also the bulb must be of a suitably efficient wattage,

Higgins.

well on that note higgins

im running a blitz on a 7amp battery .am i right thinking its not giving it the oomph :thumbs:

as lamps glow,what you are looking for is a battery that can supply the amount of power needed in your circumstances

for how long you intend to lamp, coupled with a lamphead that produces the cleanest narrow beam that suits you,the bulb will determine how long the battery will last,

Higgins.

Guest allroundhunter
Even though the wiring is crap....the beam off the lightforce is the bestiv seen :thumbs:

regards IP :thumbs:

Arrrrrrrr Well said the lightforce blitz is a mint lamp on a 17amp hr battarie but the wiring is the worst av ever seen considering how much I paid after 2month the wiring was knackered.How did you sort yours mate am gonna either use threw crimps on it or do a total rewire :wallbash: its done me head in because its only 2month old an the guy said cos av chopped the cigar connector out av broke the warranty :wallbash: Advice much appreciated in advance.

the only good lamp is a smashed one lol

:blink: Enlighten us mate

Karlsberg is a confirmed daywalker and see`s lamps as the work of the DEVIL :diablo: :diablo:

The best lamp is the one that allows you to lamp the most hares in a night :D :D