advice needed:

hi i have some one who got rats under thier decking> and they have ask me to rid them. but i can not get under the decking to place any traps. she has pets and kids so poison is out and i dont like to use poison. under the decking their is a 5-6 inch gap and i can see the rats looking back at me. i have a noisless smoker.and some rat snares. and some back brake traps and some fenns mk4s. so could any body out give me some advive on the best way to rid them. and how much to charge. as i am not going to do it for free. many thanks.

hi i have some one who got rats under thier decking> and they have ask me to rid them. but i can not get under the decking to place any traps. she has pets and kids so poison is out and i dont like to use poison. under the decking their is a 5-6 inch gap and i can see the rats looking back at me. i have a noisless smoker.and some rat snares. and some back brake traps and some fenns mk4s. so could any body out give me some advive on the best way to rid them. and how much to charge. as i am not going to do it for free. many thanks.

i would pay them for me to get rid of the lol

Properly positioned rodenticide (preferably by a trained and qualified professional)poses little or no risk to either children or pets. You stand very little hope of complete eradication using traps alone, and as this is a situation where the rats are living in close proximity to human habitation, sport should take second place to good, sound common sense.

Whenever I read posts like this I worry. As our old friend Ditchy used to tell everyone, "don't feck about when its the health of your family and pets at risk; get in a pro"

The cold hard facts are that the rats pose a really significant risk to the health of these people, many million times more of a risk than modern anticoagulant baits.

Most local authorities offer subsidised or even free service for rodents, so there is really little excuse not to call them in. If they are unable to help, post your location, and I'm sure we will be able to recommend someone in your locality who will deal with the problem for a reasonable fee.

I cannot re-iterate this enough; don't try and sort this out yourself, call in a professional. The longer you leave it, the greater the risk of structural damage to the property, or worse still, disease and infection.

This is a totally different scenario to a few rats in a hedgerow, or on a farm; this is someones home we are talking about. Get it sorted PDQ.

Properly positioned rodenticide (preferably by a trained and qualified professional)poses little or no risk to either children or pets. You stand very little hope of complete eradication using traps alone, and as this is a situation where the rats are living in close proximity to human habitation, sport should take second place to good, sound common sense.

Whenever I read posts like this I worry. As our old friend Ditchy used to tell everyone, "don't feck about when its the health of your family and pets at risk; get in a pro"

The cold hard facts are that the rats pose a really significant risk to the health of these people, many million times more of a risk than modern anticoagulant baits.

Most local authorities offer subsidised or even free service for rodents, so there is really little excuse not to call them in. If they are unable to help, post your location, and I'm sure we will be able to recommend someone in your locality who will deal with the problem for a reasonable fee.

I cannot re-iterate this enough; don't try and sort this out yourself, call in a professional. The longer you leave it, the greater the risk of structural damage to the property, or worse still, disease and infection.

This is a totally different scenario to a few rats in a hedgerow, or on a farm; this is someones home we are talking about. Get it sorted PDQ.

well said matt.

im always getting people phoneing my office for advice

poison is safe round animals and kids if used right and it is the only way to rid an infestation of rodents.

if they are under the decking they may find away into the building. also you will be surprised to the amount of rat call outs i have been to where they are under the decking and when i have looked there has been a collapased drain under it where the rats have come from

well said matt.

im always getting people phoneing my office for advice

poison is safe round animals and kids if used right and it is the only way to rid an infestation of rodents.

if they are under the decking they may find away into the building. also you will be surprised to the amount of rat call outs i have been to where they are under the decking and when i have looked there has been a collapased drain under it where the rats have come from

many thanks for the advice and will take note thank you all again.