first catch for two youngsters

had arranged to take a new member out ferreting, so myself,daughter alix, richie,ferreter216 and joed all met up over a permission I have in essex, although the owners had been around with the tractor/mower since our last visit (3 weeks ago) it was still a little bushey in places, anyway we put the longnets down and entered a few ferts, then waited, and waited, and waited :angry: all of a sudden "smart" our jack russell bitch was on one caught in the net, after untangling the rabbit, I pulled out my priest (hardwood filled with lead) to knock the rabbit on the head, at the precise same time that smart jumped upto mouth it, resulting in the russell getting the full impact, SHIT!!!!!, I honestly thought I'd killed the dog, but after a few minutes, she was up and about, if not a little dazed :icon_redface:

we moved along the hedgeline and this produced a further seven rabbits, with our newbie joe catching one in the net, along with alix who caught two, who then went on to humanely kill the rabbit, making sure the dog was nowhere near

theres a patch in an ajoining field, that was productive on our last visit, but we have no permission on that side, we thought we'd take a chance and net it, and proceeded to take another three rabbits, and get the ok to ferret this field :thumbs:

heres a few pictures of our day out, pleasure to meet you joe, your make a cracking ferreter

start of the day

post-5267-1223737459.jpg

smart jumping the net

post-5267-1223737479.jpg

jack with a bad hair day

post-5267-1223737531.jpg

joe learning to dig

post-5267-1223737570.jpg

alix's first kill

post-5267-1223737620_thumb.jpg

Guest traceyg
:notworthy: :notworthy: I love to see youngsters getting into the sport .I work in a school and children have never had the opportunity to even learn about ferreting and hunting never mind having a go .Great to see the pics and even better to see a girl :icon_redface: . Well done keep it up

Nice one Stubby.........great to see the youngsters getting involved.....better than sitting in front of a computer all day anyway...... :icon_redface::icon_redface: Did i just really say that. :laugh: Seriously......nice to see someone who is prepared to show someone the ropes....Well done to all concerned.

Rolfe. ;)

cheers for the invite steve, good to get out again & do a bit... & good to see jack again...

i hope you enjoyed your day joe...

just a few shots from today & the "secret weapon" in action !

14-3.jpg

the main hedge we long netted, alot of undergrowth, good job we use the locators as we had a few wonderers...

13-3.jpg

12-3.jpg

steve un-tangling one that hit the net..

9-4.jpg

3-15.jpg

8-4.jpg

my albino after doing the biz....

11-7.jpg

1-16.jpg

my other albino took a bit of a beating, but still had a kill under....

2-16.jpg

one hitting the net....

6-7.jpg

now for the " secret weapon " in action... aka, jack...

there he is, waiting patiently....

MOV01596_0001.jpg

hes seen a bolter heading for the net....

MOV01596_0002.jpg

now theres no stopping him....

MOV01596_0003.jpg

hes off...

MOV01596_0004.jpg

ive got to be honest, i thought he was going to take off here....

MOV01596_0005.jpg

hes going in....

MOV01596_0006.jpg

taking the dive...

MOV01596_0007.jpg

one more bagged...

MOV01596_0008.jpg

MOV01596_00010.jpg

richie your a funny b*****d good shots

was a good day nice to see you again thanks steve

for inviting me again also nice to meet joe who will be munching those blue bottle eggs as i speak lol

all in all a good day. until next time.

cheers all :thumbs::thumbs:

youre welcome jack.... :notworthy:

good pictures there richie, their was us, thinking all the rabbits had bolted, when that one popped out, as if you look closely at the 4th from bottom picture of jack, you'll see me trying to run, while rolling a ciggy :doh:

good pictures there richie, their was us, thinking all the rabbits had bolted, when that one popped out, as if you look closely at the 4th from bottom picture of jack, you'll see me trying to run, while rolling a ciggy :doh:

i didnt see that..... but just seen in the 2nd & 3rd from the bottom you continue to roll up ! :big_boss::laugh: