jagdterriers

As I've previusly said I work jagdterriers,they are hard dogs somethimes too hard for their own good.they are versatile and trainable dogs with a real good nose.They are used all above continental europe for both underground work,wild boar hunting and blood search.You only need to find the right line for underground work and they are as good as any other breed.As for trials it's sad but the damn UE has banned them in most countries.Here in italy full contact trials are banned from 3 years ago,Hungary and Serbia followed an year after.I think only Slovakia still have some really interesting trials.I've been taking part to this trials both in Italy and estern european countries and was allways greet fun and d a god place to find a new dog or a good stud.

Tomoorrow I'll be out hunting and I'll take some photos.

post-515-1223711556_thumb.jpg

My jagd terrier Arnold after a dig

post-515-1223711699.jpg

Edited by valerio
As I've previusly said I work jagdterriers,they are hard dogs somethimes too hard for their own good.they are versatile and trainable dogs with a real good nose.They are used all above continental europe for both underground work,wild boar hunting and blood search.You only need to find the right line for underground work and they are as good as any other breed.As for trials it's sad but the damn UE has banned them in most countries.Here in italy full contact trials are banned from 3 years ago,Hungary and Serbia followed an year after.I think only Slovakia still have some really interesting trials.I've been taking part to this trials both in Italy and estern european countries and was allways greet fun and d a god place to find a new dog or a good stud.

nice looking dog there. look forward to seeing more pictures of him at work

nice looking dog there. look forward to seeing more pictures of him at work

thaks mate cant wait to see pictures

i only want to add something.

in jagdterriers like in other game breed you want to look the dog that as more hunting instinct, i explain: the one that doesn't deny a hunt, always prepared, none or low (like a could dog) expression around people but a "hell broke loose" after is prey.

i know some hard jagdterriers mainly from above the ground, like the ancestry of my young one, but i can say that is a really rely dog to go hunting above and below. why is that? because he has got hunting passion. some a early starters some are lazy and start later on, but they've got fire in them.

i've seen a little inbred bitch to enter a fox hole and killed a couple of them without hesitation and with little damage on her. none motivation given and her master never spoke with her!

is nose is excellent and appears that this breed has more sense than other terrier breeds but your wrong if you think like this. in front of the prey or after it it's like every last one of the working terriers.

one little thing do, a jagd terrier is a natural hunter with or without a hunting owner. and this is a very terrier, one of the most stubborn i've ever known.

i like them very much but i must be honest between patt's and jagd's i can't chose. their are very good!

best regards,

in jagdterriers like in other game breed you want to look the dog that as more hunting instinct, i explain: the one that doesn't deny a hunt, always prepared, none or low (like a could dog) expression around people but a "hell broke loose" after is prey.

i know some hard jagdterriers mainly from above the ground, like the ancestry of my young one, but i can say that is a really rely dog to go hunting above and below. why is that? because he has got hunting passion. some a early starters some are lazy and start later on, but they've got fire in them.

i've seen a little inbred bitch to enter a fox hole and killed a couple of them without hesitation and with little damage on her. none motivation given and her master never spoke with her!

is nose is excellent and appears that this breed has more sense than other terrier breeds but your wrong if you think like this. in front of the prey or after it it's like every last one of the working terriers.

one little thing do, a jagd terrier is a natural hunter with or without a hunting owner. and this is a very terrier, one of the most stubborn i've ever known.

i like them very much but i must be honest between patt's and jagd's i can't chose. their are very good!

best regards,

good account of ur experiences , nice1 td junior

best regards,

good account of ur experiences , nice1 td junior

thanks a lot mate i must say 2 great looking dogs

Hi Valerio,you still running the hounds?Nice Jag'd there although you never mentioned you had them last time on here,have you found a breeder if so what lines do you recommend,all the best,

Higgins.

Edited by higgins

Do you mean in England? I think there isn`t lot of "jagdterriers"! Your terriers in England are most of an old english breeds and mixed "koktails" of other breeds. You have to put "German hunting terrier" at entry in google. There you can find a lot of information at this breed.

Hi!

They are very comon here in Sweden. I took some photos last year on a field trial (working trials are comon in Sweden in order to follow up the lines/offsprings):

>> Jagts at trial 1

>> Jagts at trial 2

Here's a pic of my dog:

Blitz-vinter.JPG

All jagts are breed for work only which no other terrier breed is here in Sweden, i.e. buying a jagt would give you pretty much a 100% working guarantee while other breeds are mixed up with show-blood. The jagts are strong, hard and have very high prey drive. To their disadvantages, that is if you're only looking for a digging dog, they are breed to work above ground as well which can be irritating when for example closing up to an earth and the terrier beats of to hunt roe dear instead. But if you want a terrier that follow prey with a bark above ground and work below as well the jagts have good qualities to solve a lot of missions.

Edited by buffalofred