irish terrierxgreyhound

Guest midnight_runner

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will 2nd that request, would be intrested as although i have heard of the cross its not often seen which seems strange with all the beddy crosses there would seem to be a market for terrier crosses and in theory it sounds very good.

I haven't had any personal experiance with the Irish terrier cross greyhound but on the Forley Cup 1999 there's one running and for a coursing dog with no 'Saluki' blood it runs well !!!

The bloke who i go out with the running dogs with is originally from Ireland, Co Mayo and he says as a kid his dad had a couple of these crosses and he used then for running hares around the farm that they owned. He says they suited the job well as they were great at hunting up and finding their quarry !!!

All the best Tommy ;);)

Guest midnight_runner
i will 2nd that request, would be intrested as although i have heard of the cross its not often seen which seems strange with all the beddy crosses there would seem to be a market for terrier crosses and in theory it sounds very good.

theres a photo of two of them on the irish lurchers home page strong looking dogs

I haven't had any personal experiance with the Irish terrier cross greyhound but on the Forley Cup 1999 there's one running and for a coursing dog with no 'Saluki' blood it runs well !!!

The bloke who i go out with the running dogs with is originally from Ireland, Co Mayo and he says as a kid his dad had a couple of these crosses and he used then for running hares around the farm that they owned. He says they suited the job well as they were great at hunting up and finding their quarry !!!

All the best Tommy ;);)

i seen the bitch run on that video,it was a little fawn broken coated bitch and it was really tight on that hare for a good 2-3 minutes didn't give it an inch.

Guest freestate hunter

one of the best if not thee best bitch to come out of Ireland was irish terrier breed, running the fens and slaughtering hares stamina endless bread buy Philp King Co Cavan.I have a bitch of her litter sister and the stamina and heart is unreal.Because this bitch had no saluki in her it was hard to beleve that she could run a hare for as long as she had to and this was endless this bitch very rearly mised anything she was at .The bitch i am taking about was called Irish Lady she was some tool .The late Willy Tuff owned her before she was sent back to Ireland.

one of the best if not thee best bitch to come out of Ireland was irish terrier breed, running the fens and slaughtering hares stamina endless bread buy Philp King Co Cavan.I have a bitch of her litter sister and the stamina and heart is unreal.Because this bitch had no saluki in her it was hard to beleve that she could run a hare for as long as she had to and this was endless this bitch very rearly mised anything she was at .The bitch i am taking about was called Irish Lady she was some tool .The late Willy Tuff owned her before she was sent back to Ireland.

had dogs from philips line not breed by him but the parents where.

they where some dogs and the pup i kept was just as good.

they where mostly deerhound with a dash of irish terrier.

the irish terrier was of better quality as it is found now.

from lamping rabbits taking hare and killing and retrieving fox.

these where true alrounders pity he does not keep them any more.

nice to see some other people have worked this strain too.

I never saw the bitch Irish lady run , but have some video's with dogs bred from her on. These seem to be a mixture of greyhound/irish terrier/saluki and deerhound. I beleive in one of the early Forley Cups a bitch bred from Irish Lady and ran by Paddy Sweeney i think !! also ran well. I've seen a few dogs run hares well that didn't have saluki blood in them (collie crosses and deerhound crosses), but generally the better hare dogs have been the saluki lurchers.

All the best Tommy ;);)

The dogs i saw were owned by both Chalky White and Paul Noon and a few of there mates, i saw these dogs run on tape only but they looked decent enough animals !!!

All the best Tommy ;);)

Yes the dogs i have seen on video are Irish Fly, Glider, Hope and Paul Noons Inny !!!!!!! These dogs i beleive are irish terrier cross greyhound but also have saluki blood ??????

Are your dogs Freestate Hunter 2 straight irish terrier x greyhound ????

All the best Tommy

Guest freestate hunter 2

Tommy irish lady was irishterrier x deerhound and every time she was lined it was with a full saluki and she threw quality pups .I have a bitch of irish ladys sister back to a full saluki and i have a bitch out of glider [he got stole]and a dog bread from hope.Nearly all the coarsing men around here r hunting dogs ether out of irish lady r have some connection to her.they r top class as game as a badger they r hunting mad ,tight as a drum and can run for ever.

Nearly all the dogmen would lead you to beleive they have stuff od irish lady but in all honesty they dont.

There are some around the place but not as many as folk would lead you to beleive.

Glider was a decent dog and well bred, its a pitty he was stole before he lined more bitches, however i beleive the ones that are down from him arent to fast???

The lad that had him when he was taken opted to breed his saluki bitch to a lurcher rather then glider.

Seen a few down off the irish lady stuff and they are decent dogs for the land over here, cant say about the fenland as i never seen any run over there.