Advice wanted on a first Lurcher

As long as it is past the mad puppy stage were all they want to do is run mad(up to aroun 18months to 2 years) it should be alright. But I would go for a good dog because young ones wont settle for a half decent dog if he has grown up with dogs then a big dog shouldnt be too much of a handling to him. Go for a gooden anyway breeding shouldnt come into the equation I got my first dog of my own when I was 11 pitbull greyhound x collie greyhound 27"to shoulder and never caused me a bother and I had 4 other big dogs also by the time I was 14, one to him shouldnt be a bother.

Sean

who here thinks a bedlington cross would be good for a 13 yearold as they are pritty head strong it would need to be trained to a high standered

robert

yes i agree, maybe to stuborn and will test theyre trainer to much for the first time.

your right it all depens what you want out of your dog some people dont care much about the training side of things as long as there dog catches

to me good traiing shows a good dog man the bedlington can be very hot headed the trainer must have total control over this breed or the nose willgo to the ground and of it goes then you spend most the day trying to catch it

only a few day ago a young lad on here put up a post about his bedlington x whippet and could not get it back have some sence

robert