white lakelands

Guest gazza

kennels2005_0314_004412.jpg

these 2 fellas dont look like jr

i dont have anything agneist jrts i had them a couple of years boch there a brilliant dog but there not white lakies are they

are you saying u think these are jrt?

THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS A RUSSELL

think i d be inclined to agree with that..the definition of a non pedigree russell ie not parson is that of a predominately white terrier..so does that not make em all russells no matter what colour sire or dam is :hmm:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have anything agneist jrts i had them a couple of years boch there a brilliant dog but there not white lakies are they

think i d be inclined to agree with that..the definition of a non pedigree russell ie not parson is that of a predominately white terrier..so does that not make em all russells no matter what colour sire or dam is :hmm:

a fox terrier aint a russel,and if both parents are lakies then it aint gonna be a jack :tongue2:

iainta fox terrier aint a russel,and if both parents are lakies then it aint gonna be a jack :tongue2:

aint talking pedigree dogs just those all originating from fell type terriers.their nemes are pretty much split into the colour they are.ie you would nt really call a black a a black lakie its a fell or patterdale or a black and tan you would nt call a patterdale its a lakie and so forth with the russell

do any of these dogs work consistently,they re all handsome like but its a long winter waiting on the sweat of a summer time red rossette.

I know of one dog there a parson i think that worked well,but do any of them make old bones having worked all their life?

Guest blackntan
do any of these dogs work consistently,they re all handsome like but its a long winter waiting on the sweat of a summer time red rossette.

I know of one dog there a parson i think that worked well,but do any of them make old bones having worked all their life?

you tell us spiff witch ones i put up that you think work or dont :thumbs:
Guest blackntan

my opinion lakeland terriers are red or black & tan i looked at most of the pictures on this post there are some cracking looking dogs lakey types but there must be Russell blood or fox terrier in there some where to make them look like a lakey terrier because apart from the one"s av seen in the picture which do look like lakeland terriers av not came across one before and av been up and down the country 4 the last 15 to 20 year and av yet to see one or no of anyone that has one, av heard of people havin lakeland cross russell and they"ve threw to the lakeland side but they are white am not disagreing with anyone or falling out with anyone on this am just putting my opinion on as av read the post ,keano

KENO that is what this site is for , ive been up and down this country for over 30 years and seen terriers all shapes colours sizes, thirty years ago patterdales were black fells, russells were little short terriers hunt terriers, lakeys/fells were black and tan and reds, , call them what you want there all cross breds end of , dye them what colour you want these days :whistling: Edited by blackntan
Guest blackntan

my opinion lakeland terriers are red or black & tan i looked at most of the pictures on this post there are some cracking looking dogs lakey types but there must be Russell blood or fox terrier in there some where to make them look like a lakey terrier because apart from the one"s av seen in the picture which do look like lakeland terriers av not came across one before and av been up and down the country 4 the last 15 to 20 year and av yet to see one or no of anyone that has one, av heard of people havin lakeland cross russell and they"ve threw to the lakeland side but they are white am not disagreing with anyone or falling out with anyone on this am just putting my opinion on as av read the post ,keano

KENO that is what this site is for , ive been up and down this country for over 30 years and seen terriers all shapes colours sizes, thirty years ago patterdales were black fells, russells were little short terriers hunt terriers, lakeys were black and tan and reds, , call them what you want there all cross breds end of , dye them what colour you want these days :whistling:

years ago as far as i can remember all russells were short,stumpy,queen ann type russells where as now they are very hard to come by as they have bred some type of dog in2 the russell to make them more leggier and i agree with your comment about the patterdale obviously u have been around more than me lol i am not takin the piss out ur age lol but you"ve been around your terriers long enough to know what u are talking about but at the end of the day all terriers are bred to do a specific job that u want them to do and if people are happy with that then the dogs doing it"s job and it doesn"t matter what type of terrier it is, keano

i agree 100%, all thou there was a lad who had leggy jacks rough coated around lewes in sussex late 70s he had a pack of them :thumbs::thumbs:

KENO that is what this site is for , ive been up and down this country for over 30 years and seen terriers all shapes colours sizes, thirty years ago patterdales were black fells, russells were little short terriers hunt terriers, lakeys were black and tan and reds, , call them what you want there all cross breds end of , dye them what colour you want these days :whistling:

years ago as far as i can remember all russells were short,stumpy,queen ann type russells where as now they are very hard to come by as they have bred some type of dog in2 the russell to make them more leggier and i agree with your comment about the patterdale obviously u have been around more than me lol i am not takin the piss out ur age lol but you"ve been around your terriers long enough to know what u are talking about but at the end of the day all terriers are bred to do a specific job that u want them to do and if people are happy with that then the dogs doing it"s job and it doesn"t matter what type of terrier it is, keano

i agree 100%, all thou there was a lad who had leggy jacks rough coated around lewes in sussex late 70s he had a pack of them :thumbs::thumbs:

i

I own and work 2 parson type russells, definetltly no lakeland that i know in them, they work like russells, the small type.

i

I own and work 2 parson type russells, definetltly no lakeland that i know in them, they work like russells, the small type.

what type of dogs do you keep spifft

Ive seen "white fells" start work and work hard for a while BUT haven t seen many old working "white fells"i think if we re all honest on here we d say that its a show craze primarily.

I asked a lad on here who i have found to be decent and honest and he has showed pics of one of the animals shown in this thread and he has made a good start by the "looks" of things.Im not going to say who but he can defend his own dogs which i don t think he needs to.

IMO they have the fire to take a hold but not the constitution to finish the job[but then so do yorkies].This is only my opinion based on my experience and is general im not saying they all won t or don t work.OMO

Ive seen "white fells" start work and work hard for a while BUT haven t seen many old working "white fells"i think if we re all honest on here we d say that its a show craze primarily.

I asked a lad on here who i have found to be decent and honest and he has showed pics of one of the animals shown in this thread and he has made a good start by the "looks" of things.Im not going to say who but he can defend his own dogs which i don t think he needs to.

IMO they have the fire to take a hold but not the constitution to finish the job[but then so do yorkies].This is only my opinion based on my experience and is general im not saying they all won t or don t work.OMO

what type do you keep spiff
Guest friedrice

fire v constitusion,that is the make or break of all working terriers. fire without constitusion is no good,and then constitusion without fire, is also no good.

when someone gets it right please send me a few :thumbs: