these strong type whippets

couldnt put pic of my whippet up (dont know how my kids normally do it) but picture below my name, he is on the left blue/white won a few country shows but more importantly does the buisiness in the field day/night. if you want go to my gallery for a better look.

Hi Lanesra,that's a litter brother to my whippet................Martin. :thumbs:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Irish whippets are stronger.

No seriously.

How many strong whippets have a little grey in them?

The sire of my lurcher is what id call a strong whippet when i asked a bit

i found he was one eight grey.

that why the kc is there mate and they have paper work

robert

Suppose so. Im not really into dogs with paper work myself.

i'v never had a whippet mate iv just had a lurcher but iv seen a mike browns whippet in the flesh and it was a beast :thumbs:

also i have NEVER heard a bad word about mike browns lines

WTF are you commenting on every post for then? your a 16 year old kid that thinks he has the answers to everything.

im not saying dont post, it just bugs me that you answer just about every queery when you have actually no experiance of the question, your just answering what others have said :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:clapper::clapper: thurso your spot on sometimes i feel like chocking him :icon_eek: and i dont even know him ,He is probably a nice enough lad but by f**k he winds me up saying that most his posts are in the hunting section mine are messing around in the genral discus bit

i've always liked whippets but

just a thought but what is there stamina/wind/recovery like? having never owned or seen a pure whippet run in the field,how do they fair,with a hard night lamping and on longish runs?and can conditioning improve this,

i've also heard they don't like the cold.How much truth is in this

ATB

just a thought but what is there stamina/wind/recovery like? having never owned or seen a pure whippet run in the field,how do they fair,with a hard night lamping and on longish runs?and can conditioning improve this,

ATB

ive got a whippet thats of sooty sam lines, he,s 22.5inch ats and around 36/37lbs, and his stamina and recovery rate are quite impressive, which shocked me as i thought they were plugged after 300 yard dashes,but he does suffer the next day as he looks like a rescue case, the weight just drops of him, as for the cold, he wont go out side for a piss if its raining,lol but if your out in the field and he,s mooching about it doesnt bother him at all, but if he has to stand about for too long you can tell he aint happy,

ATB

The fawn bitch i'm running at the moment has stamina to burn, she recovers very quick after good long runs and is ready for her morning walk at 6am after a good nights lamping. I put this down to keeping her fit and on a good quality diet. My philosophy is you only get out of a dog what you put in. I feed mine a little in the morning after a good nights lamping (she gets a lb of raw lamb) after her morning walk. Cold doesn't seem to bother her if i've got a lead in my hand come rain or shine she's wanting to be out.

Whippets do seem to lose condition when worked hard, but if you feed a good diet they soon put the condition back on in a couple of days

ATB

The fawn bitch i'm running at the moment has stamina to burn, she recovers very quick after good long runs and is ready for her morning walk at 6am after a good nights lamping. I put this down to keeping her fit and on a good quality diet. My philosophy is you only get out of a dog what you put in. I feed mine a little in the morning after a good nights lamping (she gets a lb of raw lamb) after her morning walk. Cold doesn't seem to bother her if i've got a lead in my hand come rain or shine she's wanting to be out.

Whippets do seem to lose condition when worked hard, but if you feed a good diet they soon put the condition back on in a couple of days

my one the same very good stamina and rain or hine ready to go

robert

ATB

Entirely agree with what Mally has said. It is an old wives tail that all whippets are shivering little b******s. I have one that shivers but it doesn't stop him wanting to be out in rain and snow. My other prefers the cold to hot.

It's true they can loose a fair amount of weight after a decent nights work but if you feed them quality food and keep them slightly on the heavy side they can cope with this. Mine recover virtually staright away but as they are relatively young I don't give them more than 20 to 25 odd slips. My mates dog would keep running upwards to 40 or 50 slips from 30 yards to 300 yards.

Dave