these strong type whippets

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

couldnt put pic of my whippet up (dont know how my kids normally do it) but picture below my name, he is on the left blue/white won a few country shows but more importantly does the buisiness in the field day/night. if you want go to my gallery for a better look.

Edited by lanesra
Mally thats a fine looking animal mate,a credit to you :thumbs: What sort of feeding/training regime do you have her on,ive never seen a whippet bitch heavily muscled.

I feed her raw lamb and beta greyhound, she gets 2 x 2 miles a day road walking and some free running. As well as a couple of nights a week lamping. I started ferreting last weekend so we'll be out a couple of days a week from now on.

I didn't start working her proper until after her first season as she was a little slow maturing physically. She's doing well on the lamp and if her first time out ferreting is anything to go by she'll earn her keep.. She's a really steady laid back bitch a real pleasure to be out with.

Fair play to you Mally, you are doing a grand job. :good:

I spent a week down at Mallys recently, running my lurcher bitch whith his whippet, Vixen, day and night, and she is proof positive that whippets make great little workers !! Over the week I saw her strike and retreive improve dramaticaly !! She retreived much more than rabbits, both single handed and doubled up. A class little bitch !

Cheers.

doughnuts/ muppets seems to apply to all of you

WTF are you commenting on every post for then? your a 16 year old kid that thinks he has the answers to everything.

im not saying dont post, it just bugs me that you answer just about every queery when you have actually no experiance of the question, your just answering what others have said

Thurso Jack

all i've seen from you is slagging off other members posts just cause it isn't your way. who do you think you are their wifes/girlfriends

3 posts in and you have me sussed :icon_eek:

im really sorry i wont comment again :feck:

willyneferreter, by all means comment on something you have an experiance of, but it just bugs me you have to comment on everything?

you have never owned a whippet, your only talking about hearsay? hardly grounds to be giving advice :icon_eek: and yes i did tell you to go away after you pmd me, as i have nothing to say to you that cant be said on here?

Steady on hes just giving his opinion on the topic, everyones entitled to no matter what their age or experiance, give him a break. :hmm:

Guest little lurcher

a selection of mine all worked on ALL quarry pre ban , homebreds too

170620081266.jpg

170620081259.jpg

12082007304-1.jpg

5mths doing a rat

130520081090.jpg

jessieanddanny.jpg

01122007697.jpg

in answer to the original question, i personally wouldnt want a bitch over 19 inch and a dog the very max 21, i personally feel they start to lose the type , im not fussed about the lines as its my opinion that all whippets will work given the correct training with time and patience , i have a total showbred here whom has been VERY slow to get going far far later then any i have ever bred and at times yes i have wanted to give up but now he is a diamond to work , show lure course and most of all great to live with ,, my homebreds are very easy to start off working and i took him on as a challenge , and im proud to say ive done it , however imo all whippets will work given the right training time and patience and of course right conditions , its up to you to get out and put in the work? the whippet is one of the most unique breeds in the fact that it can do so many things in such a small package and VERY underestimated, it is far more hardy than people think for , good feet ( when bred right) good strong jaw, deep chested with a decent amount of stamina even at low fittness

i used to keep and work just bitches , however im now changing over to mostly dogs as im sick of loosing time with seasons etc

I hear a lot of talk about these strong type whippet these day but what is a strong type whippet im sure everyone has there own views i know what i mean by it when i yous this word some pic of these dogs would be great and then ill put up what i mean by this tearm strong whippets and ill put pic up of the strong whippets i know and have seen

ill put a few quistions below and you can say what your ideal types is

what height would your ideal whippet be ?

what weight you your ideal whippet be ?

and what lines would it be of ?

sorry and sex ?

Dogs not above 21inch weight 32lbs bitches 19 inch 30lbs.

Any line as i have worked show/race/coursing/working lines all with good results.

personal choice of sex bitch.

Dave has covered a working whippet spot on :clapper:

pv43-1.jpg

DNA8.jpg

new11.jpg

pv3a.jpg

pend2cutdown-1.jpg

poplc.jpg

Here's mine,she's very slightly over 21 1/2" tts,and,she goes 33lb and she does all that I could possibly ask of her.She is a hell of a strong bitch,and,once she has her eye on something she gets tunnel vision,and,she just doesn't give up(big or small).................

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0011-7.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg