terriers you would have in your yard

Guest blackntan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i could look at a picture and tell if a dog was worth keeping or not. Find it a bit harder than that, the better looking a dog is the harder i find it to believe that they were bred with just work in mind.

I know the ugly b*****ds in my avatar weren't bred with an eye on rosettes..........

B

Guest blackntan
I wish i could look at a picture and tell if a dog was worth keeping or not. Find it a bit harder than that, the better looking a dog is the harder i find it to believe that they were bred with just work in mind.

I know the ugly b*****ds in my avatar weren't bred with an eye on rosettes..........

B

I HAVE NEVER ONCE MENTIOND ROSETTES, THE TERRIERS IVE PUT UP ARE THE ONES I LIKED, , IVE GOT LOADS OF OTHER THAT FOR REASONS I CAN NOT PUT ON , WHEN I FIND OUT HOW TO PUT UP CONVENTIONAL PHOTOS THERE ARE TERRIERS BEFORE THE DIDGITAL AGE ALL SHAPES AND SIZES, NO ONE SAID THAT A TERRIER HAS TO LOOK GOOD TO WORK OR VISE VERSER, COLOUR, BREED,DONT MATTER, EVERY ONE TO THERE OWN, ;)

B

I HAVE NEVER ONCE MENTIOND ROSETTES, THE TERRIERS IVE PUT UP ARE THE ONES I LIKED, , IVE GOT LOADS OF OTHER THAT FOR REASONS I CAN NOT PUT ON , WHEN I FIND OUT HOW TO PUT UP CONVENTIONAL PHOTOS THERE ARE TERRIERS BEFORE THE DIDGITAL AGE ALL SHAPES AND SIZES, NO ONE SAID THAT A TERRIER HAS TO LOOK GOOD TO WORK OR VISE VERSER, COLOUR, BREED,DONT MATTER, EVERY ONE TO THERE OWN, ;)

Take a digital picture of your old pictures,

I'm saying those dogs are there for rosettes, and they've been bred with half an eye on rosettes!

The number of shows in Ireland has increased hugely in the last few years.And with it the number of "smart,smashing whatever" looking terriers has also increased.

when Irish terriers were kept only for work they didn't have straight narrow shoulders, ears tight to their heads or the deep rich red colour of Welsh KC terriers.

smart looking terriers or whatever people want to call them don't appear by accident! they are bred for looks, the same as working dogs don't just appear they are also bred for.

the dogs of today for the most part don't look like the dogs of old, they look much prettier, how is that possible?

Bryan

Guest blackntan

B

Take a digital picture of your old pictures,

I'm saying those dogs are there for rosettes, and they've been bred with half an eye on rosettes!

The number of shows in Ireland has increased hugely in the last few years.And with it the number of "smart,smashing whatever" looking terriers has also increased.

when Irish terriers were kept only for work they didn't have straight narrow shoulders, ears tight to their heads or the deep rich red colour of Welsh KC terriers.

smart looking terriers or whatever people want to call them don't appear by accident! they are bred for looks, the same as working dogs don't just appear they are also bred for.

the dogs of today for the most part don't look like the dogs of old, they look much prettier, how is that possible?

Bryan

WITCH ONES THAT IVE PUT UP ARE THERE FOR ROSETTES SHOW ME

I'm thinking any of the ones in a show ring are there for rosettes? i'm thinking any of the guys who have gone out and bought little G-string, collars and leads are there for rosettes.

anyone who's trimmed a terriers tail so it's head looks bigger is there to win. Or are they all entering dogs shows for some other reason?

They don't hand out foxes at shows do they??? :unsure:

Bryan

Guest blackntan
I'm thinking any of the ones in a show ring are there for rosettes? i'm thinking any of the guys who have gone out and bought little G-string, collars and leads are there for rosettes.

anyone who's trimmed a terriers tail so it's head looks bigger is there to win. Or are they all entering dogs shows for some other reason?

Bryan

GO TO THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD BRY IT DONT SAY SHOW DOGS ID LIKE IN MY YARD THEN LOOK AT THE PHOTOS THEY SPEAK FOR ME :thumbs:

Bryan

i have to agree with you bryan..i am honest enough to admit i love the shows and like my dogs to look good....i have been offered stupid amounts of money for my dogs just so that person can have a ready made winner..but i do also work my dogs and from my last litter i actually kept the ugliest because he showed the best attitude in the litter..he is now ten months and as keen as any ugly dog i ve ever seen..but yes he has turned out a smart dog but it was defo attitude that kept him in my yard but i whole heartedly agree with you..one of those pictures that are up is of a dog i used to own,,he looks as hard as nails but were nt that good : :icon_redface: