FAC Springs?

Headshot08

Why dont you get a spring idetical to the one already in ur gun cut it in half and put it in with the other spring so you have 1 1/2 springs in the gun

because it may not fit. It's not only the length of the mainspring but also the type of steel, thickness of the coils that make the difference.

RR

Sorry Deker but I think your wrong, springs do come under the FAC laws if they take the gun over 12ftlb (maximum limit for any rifled gun without a licence). it even states this on the bottom of the website you posted.

Any modification that takes an air rifle above 12ftlb is illegal unless you have a F.A.C with the gun listed on it

(that includes excessively heavy pellets, springs or drilling out valves on PCP's)

Sorry guys but it just isn't worth the risk these days JMHO :good:

Cheers

Luke

Sorry Deker but I think your wrong, springs do come under the FAC laws if they take the gun over 12ftlb (maximum limit for any rifled gun without a licence). it even states this on the bottom of the website you posted.

Any modification that takes an air rifle above 12ftlb is illegal unless you have a F.A.C with the gun listed on it

(that includes excessively heavy pellets, springs or drilling out valves on PCP's)

Sorry guys but it just isn't worth the risk these days JMHO :good:

Cheers

Luke

Chap... that is what I said......

Quote...

Springs do NOT come under FAC control unless someone is daft enough to actually market them as a FAC spring...they are tuning kits...no FAC required ..just the risk of a 5 year jail term!!!

Perhaps I did not explain it very well...there is NO FAC control on a Spring unless words are used around it talking FAC!

You can go to ANY spring manufacturer and get him to make you a Spring. It is a SPRING!!! What you do with it afterwards is down to you...it is not covered by FAC controls (unless specifically sold as a FAC spring) until you stick it into an air rifle that pushes it over 12ft lb. You do not have to provide the spring manufacturer/seller with an FAC.

Terry Robb etc etc have to make things clear or they could be in a lot of trouble, but NO FAC controls exist on springs....only if you start to bring FAC into the conversation...the potential future problems ...like 5 years jail...are down to the user..as I said!

Call it a Tuning Kit, Heavy Duty Spring, whatever .....you can walk in and buy it without a FAC..but if that exact same spring says FAC you cannot buy it without FAC! Terrys warnings are a protection for him and a bonus sales pitch, everyone knows some of his springs will take you over the limit so to cover himself he says be careful...it's like the warnings before many TV programmes...this show contains scenes of sex, violence, bad language..etc etc...so everyone tunes in!

Possibly still not that clear ... example...CZ triggers have been known to be adapted with biro springs....you do not need an FAC to buy a biro but the spring ends up in a FAC tool. :thumbs:

Then how come you need an FAC to buy these springs http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts.as...20Tuning%20Kits

Deleted

TAKE NOTE AND DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH THIS INFORMATION...THIS WHOLE THREAD IS GETTING TOO CLOSE TO TUNING/FAC/ILLEGAL!!!! I WILL RETURN SHORTLY TO DELETE ALL MY POSTS!!!

Edited by Deker