Hello from darkest Exmoor

Thought I'd better say hello at last :whistling:

Just got in from a hopeless evenings lamping, me with our 2 year old Deerhound Lurcher and a mate and his whippet. Some excellent runs but for the first time we came home empty handed. Chalk one up to the bunnies. I haven't been lamping long, I've been reluctant to let the deerhound lurcher run too much until he had stopped growing. He is doing well so far, he managed to catch his first rabbit second time out and he is happy to hand them over after a short victory lap of the field ;)

Heres a couple of pictures of him, he is a big hefty fella but pretty agile having been brought up with a terrier to chase.

DougalA.JPG

DougalB.JPG

We have a Patterdale Terrier as well.

Strop.JPG

There might well be a few members on here who know me, hello to them and hello to anyone I haven't met yet.

Will :)

Thanks folks, don't be deceived by the terrier photo, she doesn't usual look that good. She usually has one ear stuck up and its not always the same one. I've spent hours sat watching telly with her on my lap trying to crease her ears ;) No luck, she still looks daft half the time.

The weathers looking a bit better today, I can't go out three nights on the trot though, er-indoors is complaining about me waking her up and talking about lamping when I get home. Apparently she would rather sleep than hear about ones that got away.

Will :)

Hello and welcome mate , i had three nights out when the other half trotted off to the midland's, two with the rimmy and monday night with a mate and our lurchers and we blanked on monday night as well ,It didn't seem any differnt from the other two night but the rabbits thought otherwise

Hi Ya, great piccys of the dogs, the hairy one looks a bit like our beardie/border x grey. Around your neck of the woods quite regular as my mother lives up there and used to do a lot of shore fishing for cod etc along the channel, hopefully to be done again this winter.

Regards MT.