FERRETING A NEW FARM UP THE DALES

TOMO

befor i get all the cheeky remarks about my new real tree wellies, from the midland £50 reduced from £130

another good day up there with nobby , did a new farm today . at first we had a drive round in the truck drving each field looking for the warrens which just wernt there . the thing was they were travling from the scruby woodland on the cliff sides and down on to the very lush fertile lower pastures.

by lunch we only had 4 but we had got the place sussed well. we then moved over the other side , now here we have fields either side of a road for about a mile, which is ideal for lamping.

at this point we met the keeper, he was concerned obout the dog , but was ok in the end again over this side alot of rabbits were going up the fields and to the cliffs, but we had a good hunt round with Tara through the sedge grass , flushing them she court a good few and put others to ground , which we ferreted.

the good thing about this farm is it should be good for snaring, as they travel through the sheep fence to the cliffs. it will also be goof for lamping and a good stalk round with the rifle.

we ended the day with 39 rabbits. heres a few pics.

DSCF0229.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

apart from an interesting read tomo, and good pics, Im going to nick your idea of ya, quickset net on back of door, why did'nt I think of that, have a vitara with about as much space as your 410

just used 3 mil fencing wire bent in to an "S" shape . then the bunji stops it swinging.

lined up for market

DSCF0236.jpg