cz 452 americam or varmit

hi all just a quick question i went to look at a cz 452 cz .17hmr is there any difference between the varmint and the american i know the barrels are different but does it affect the shooting

Silhouette now available in HMR and the Style very soon if not already!!!

Unless you are of Olympic standard there is little shooting/accuracy difference in any CZ HMR! The difference is in feel, grip, convenience and weight when you carry it!

Edited by Deker
cheers mate many thanks whats every body else got then the american or the varmit and what size of barrell

hi mate, got a cz452 Varmint, 22'' barrel. the only thing to look at is the weight, if shooting from a car/4x4 the short barrel is lighter, so easier to swing about, but if using a bi-pod i prefered the look of the long barrel, and the varmint looks more solid too (looks only!).

no difference in performance, well the long barrel is 0.9% more accurate than the short barrel so i've ben told, (so at 200yrds thats about 1-2mm out)

so looks and weight - as far as i'm aware/concerned

Hope that helps

carl

Me and my pal went for varmints in 22".

There is a view that the longer barrel gives better performance and accuracy and the extra weight in the barrel helps with the same.

I don't think that there's much in it. The advantage of a shorter barrel for vehicle shooting or extended carry will probably outweigh any performance or accuracy loss.

We use ours as field sniping tools, so the extra weight is not an issue.

Get a good sling and bipod in any event and make sure your barrel is as floated as possible.

Just check that the stock isn't pushing against one side of the barrel.

Get a trigger kit or go for the set trigger model. My mate's is good. I've put a Brooks kit in and it's transformed the rifle.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Edited by Bunny Reaper
cheers guys :notworthy:

i have the annie 1517 heavy barrel i like heavy barrel rifles better as i like abit of weight. my 22/250 weights close to 12 pound :D so i guess a heavy barrel hmr feels light to me.

best thing mate is go see which one you perfer the feel of 8) one thing i would say imo is go for the shorter barrel 16inch. its more compact and accuracy wise nothing in it. maybe lose out a tiny bit at 200 yards to a longer barrel but you wouldnt no the difference anyway. plus how offten would the rifle be shot to 200 yards ;)