3 INC SHELLS IN SEMI AUTO SHOTGUNS

Guest JohnGalway

Never found that with my Baikal MP-153. It will hold four shots in the mag +1 in the chamber. But, If I use 3.5inch shells then I am down to 3 in the mag and one in the chamber. So I never found a difference with any shell 3inch and under. But with larger capacity mags than mine things might be different.

Never found that with my Baikal MP-153. It will hold four shots in the mag +1 in the chamber. But, If I use 3.5inch shells then I am down to 3 in the mag and one in the chamber. So I never found a difference with any shell 3inch and under. But with larger capacity mags than mine things might be different.

I thought that semi auto's were restricted to now more than three shots - or is the law different in Ireland

Is there a way of owning a larger capacity semi in the UK?

Someone told me lately you can use five shells in your gun if your shooting vermin. I don't know if this is true or not.

But I do know you are not allowed five shots when after game.

There has been a few cases of wildlife wardens confiscating guns on the lakes off wildfowlers after proving the semi-autos were un-plugged.

I thought that semi auto's were restricted to now more than three shots - or is the law different in Ireland

Is there a way of owning a larger capacity semi in the UK?

In England and Wales it is simple, 2+1 end of, on a SGC.

As many as the tube will hold if you get the shotgun on a FAC!

...and any gun chambered for 3" should hold 2 in the tube as well as the 1 up the hole!

I don't go after game :D Infact I don't go after anything that doesn't do me any harm.

Am those pheasant and duck are.....am.....crapping all over your pasture John, its not the good kind of fertilizing crap either its........uh......evil, yeah that's right, evil crap, which is highly toxic to sheep, I've just remembered. You better get on it :whistling:

Tis a pity you're not into it, your a bit of a legend on the vermin so I can only imagine the gadgets you'd buy for tracking deer etc

Its funny, my brother is a complete trophy hunter (shot a 10 point red stag on Saturday morning) and I don't like it at all, trophy hunting that is. He has no problem shooting grouse whereas I'd love to hunt them but leave the gun at home.

Funny that even people with similar interests can differ in opinion on these things.

Watch those game species John, evil I tells ya.