saluki\greyhound

Guest markbrick1

well i got 2 dogs here 1 whippet gh collie the other same but 1/4 bed in her as well,both will keep there prey from there destination working it very well,its more down to experiance then the breeding in my oppinion mark

Guest markbrick1
well thats my oppinion

no problem :thumbs::thumbs: but ive seen terriers box :laugh::laugh: are keep rabbits of hedges by runin past them and coming back of the hedge to them i suppose mine would do it as well but there not aloud to chase rabbits :laugh::laugh:

i have kept runing and coursing dogs for atime pre ban and today and in my oppinion they need to have saluki there .i dont believe that a whippet or any other cross would have enough stamina to box a hare

you need 2 come round our end then suzzi ive seen some good whippet x box fantastic same with collies x espiesiely on the lamp what makes you think whippets have no stamina when x with another dog like i said all x can box depends on what ground your working after reading your post i will post you a pic of a collx whippet greyhound x deerhound that kept hare in the field regularly the mother was pure whippett

i wasent meaning on a lamp soley daytime runing of hares (pre ban of course)i and a think that a whippet x would run out of steam long before they could get to boxing with a good winter hare unless ofcourse there is saluki somewhere in the mix

Guest markbrick1
i have kept runing and coursing dogs for atime pre ban and today and in my oppinion they need to have saluki there .i dont believe that a whippet or any other cross would have enough stamina to box a hare

you need 2 come round our end then suzzi ive seen some good whippet x box fantastic same with collies x espiesiely on the lamp what makes you think whippets have no stamina when x with another dog like i said all x can box depends on what ground your working after reading your post i will post you a pic of a collx whippet greyhound x deerhound that kept hare in the field regularly the mother was pure whippett

i wasent meaning on a lamp soley daytime runing of hares (pre ban of course)i and a think that a whippet x would run out of steam long before they could get to boxing with a good winter hare unless ofcourse there is saluki somewhere in the mix

what ever i suppose i better give my dogs away then cause they must be shit :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: and of coarse only salukis can do this :laugh::laugh: mark

WHEN I POSTED THE QUESTION WASNT THINKI NG ABOUT A DOG THATCOULD SIMPLY KILL A HARE AS IVE GOT A WHIPPET MYSELF THATS QUITE CAPABLE OF KILLING ONE OR TWO HARES BUT TO GIVE THE HARE AGOOD 100 150YARD START AND BOX WITH IT FOR 2 4 5 MINS IS THERE ANOTHER X THATS JUST AS GOOD

what ever i suppose i better give my dogs away then cause they must be shit :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: and of coarse only salukis can do this :laugh::laugh: mark

Theres only one type of dog that can run proper winter hares box, spin, and stick on em in other words course them for any lenght of time on proper feilds not long stubble or rough ground where the dog has the advantage and thats the saluki or saluki cross, whippets, greyhounds, lurchers and such like can and will kill hares but the way in which they go about the job means they rush the hare on to much and they overshoot alotmore and waste valuable energy getting back, they just run out of steam to fast bassically, saluki is the ultimate hare killing machine pre ban of course. if you rate whippets as hare dogs then you aint seen any decent saluki or crosses running mate. :big_boss: