A Good Net Dog is an Asset

Last season I had to tackle some pretty large rabbit contracts on my own......as my usual band of helpers were otherwise engaged. It really made me appreciate my Beddie/Whippet/Greyhound Lurcher and the stirling work he does around the the long net and purse nets. Old Rolfey is getting on a bit now......and isn't quite so fast as he once was around the nets(my ex rugby playing mates will say i never was fast :laugh: ).........but the dog gets there and holds the rabbits in an instant till I can stagger up to him out of breath. He and the ferrets have worked together that often they never bother each other.........so i can trust him to stand one side of the hedge while i watch the other. Just some pictures here of the young bugger in action ;)

Rolfe ;)

post-12022-1221335842.jpg

post-12022-1221335867.jpg

post-12022-1221335906.jpg

post-12022-1221335932.jpg

He's a lovely thing Rolfe. :wub: Thanks for putting up the pics, although I wish you'd get someone to take one of you staggering about!! :laugh: I was laughing reading that!! I know how you feel, my back is sore at the moment. Oh woe is me...old age....it don't come alone!!! :cry: