2 questions about 6.5 x 55 calibre

I have a DAC cleaning Kit which covers all of the Shotgun and Rifle bore sizes, 67 pieces from memory. Good Value I thought.

I use Forest Bore Foam in my centrefire to remove copper residue and other fouling.

If you find two rounds that your rifle will shoot well with, stick to them. This could be in the form of one lighter and one heavier bullet, preferably with the same Zero. But the chances are the time you have your 6.5 with you, you will be Deer stalking with heavier bullets and a fox will show, and duly be shot with the heavier bullet. A 6.5 is going to have so much energy compared to a .22 Centrefire (which drop foxes on the spot normally), that any bullet you hit a fox with, no matter the grain, is going to kill him.

As for a lighter bullet so that it does not exit. A Shot should NEVER be taken without a backstop, who knows what is on the brow of the next hill, a Rambler, Dog Walker, Sheep, Cattle.

Regards

SS :thumbs:

Thanks for all the advice Sporting Shooter (btw I subscribe to your magazine).

Re the backstop, we (the shooting community), can never have enough advice and reminders on the safety aspects of our pursuit. Thanks again.

A

Mildot the Sierra 85g HP heads are available in this country for the 6.5 so just ask at your gun shop and they should deliver..

I used this projectile soley on foxes for 3 years only because they were cheap and accurate. Loaded with 46.6g of vhit N150 they`d put 3 holes touching out of the Sauer i had at the time.

jockfox.jpg

Vim

Nice shot (photo and fox). As I mentioned in an earlier reply, I don't homeload (yet). Are you aware of any bullet deformation due to it being a lighter round in a short twist barrel, or is accuracy as good as it is with a heavier gr round?

Cheers.

A