wonder with the lamp and fly

As i did not get out yesterday morning i decided to have a look around the local fields ,well there a good 40 minute walk away.Well when i reached my lamping ground i decided to keep my back to the railway and lamp out into the field keeping between the rabbits and the warrens on the railway bank.we accounted for two rabbits and two hares of here,one of which was sadley a leveret and fly failed to retrieve another hare further along.We then crossed the railway and lamped some smaller paddocks and some stubble fields,fly retrieved another hare from one of the stubble fields and another two bunny's.Don't you just love the sound of both dog and rabbits twisting and turning through the stubble.She took a further two out of two rabbits on the horse paddocks so at that i called it a night at 3am.I didn't get back till 5am ,i now looked like the Disney character 'Quasimodo' after the two hour walk back which was one serious killer.lol all the best

rewsnewpics015.jpg

Another two pics from a lamp the other night with fly and 3 out of 3 retrieved hares the other day whilst out with TOMO,fly took 1 and we think possibly two because it took the two dogs through an hedge were we lost sight but fly was retrieving it back.Tara or Visa took the third i cant remember which.

rewsnewpics012.jpg

rewsnewpics003.jpg

good hunting

rew

Guest world.hunters

Well done mate. youll have to come down this way sometime soon again mate and we will have a few nights out on the bigger stuff mate see how she fairs up, i didnt get out last night because the rain but im out again tonight even if it is pissing it down.

brandon had a few good nights down here tracking with us it was a shame when you came down that the permission was still all overgrown but its mostly cut now mate. brandons only went home this sunday and he is now coming back up on friday lol if you can get down with him mate come and have a few nights out.

W.h

thanks for the replies everyone

turned out cracking pups them mate :thumbs:

they have done mate ,we couldn't be anymore pleased than we are.my dad had fern out two nights ago aswell and had 7 rabbits with her.i cant wait to see what fern can do daytime.w.h i bet hes had a good time , he'll be wanting a lurcher soon lol.i will try and get down some time .i saw a black rabbit last night aswell,same place i saw one in the morning,i need a good windy night and i think i shall have him lol.hows yours dogs anyway mate?pm me if you want.

all the best

good hunting

rew

of course lol i forgot what day it was then.might see you Thursday then. :victory: Fly's nail beds are starting to get a little sore,i notice soil is going underneath the skin is there anyway of preventing this.Im bathing them after every night and giving them a good scrub with the nail brush.can anyone help .cheers

good hunting

rew