ratting

i keep hearing cat loving fools talk about cats as ratters blah blah blah. cats suck, if they even have the sack to take on a rat they don't knock of more than a couple a day. they'd rather take down something soft like a bird.

now for arguments sake

what's your best take on one trip (either in total or for the amount of time, like 10,000 in one trip or 1,000 in ten minutes out of a longer trip)?

i keep hearing cat loving fools talk about cats as ratters blah blah blah. cats suck, if they even have the sack to take on a rat they don't knock of more than a couple a day. they'd rather take down something soft like a bird.

now for arguments sake

what's your best take on one trip (either in total or for the amount of time, like 10,000 in one trip or 1,000 in ten minutes out of a longer trip)?

:clapper: I once had 11,000 single handed in two minutes with my pet butterfly

Don't know what Horse &Country tv is but you may have as the chap who's it is does a few shows and sorts to show it working,he grows wheat straw for thaching so has to use a old thresher so not to ruin the stalks.Grand old do it is when it's running although the dust has to be seen to be belived,the rats were coming thick and fast and gutted the rest of the stacks that were ment to have been done have gone off and will be burnt instead of threshed,still maybe a chance for a rat or two when he fires them.The whole of his farm is run old school and is a wildlife haven,shame more arn't like it.

Picture003.jpg

Picture011.jpg

102 rats in 1 1/2 hours with 4 plummers,100's of mice at the same time whilst threshing a stack.Rain has stopped play on this farm this year though.

:hmm: Did I see that thresher on Horse & Country tv :hmm:

yes you did.its been on meny programs and country shows :)

Our hunt did a spot of ratting at the start of the year not sure on dates ect, 430 rats were taken in 3 hours around 15 terriers and 3-4 lurchers and a load of guys with big sticks doing funny dances :whistling:

it was at a waste transfer station in north wales, the boss was on the loading shovell transfering waste on to trailers ready for land fill.

was a cracking few hours and even the police sent a helicopter, and a few cars and vans to watch :icon_eek:

There had been a report of dog fighting !

only one rat got away :tongue2:

will get some pics up after i have resized them.

Edited by dogrun