Ferret finders

Pickle

WOW!!! this question comes up so often it should be in the FAQ :search: if it's not there already :search: :search:

But OK the short answer seems to be that it comes down to what your used to... They all work, it's just the nuts behind the box that have their own quirks :drinks:

Best pieces of advice I've gotten from this discussion is 1. If you get a MK3 put some tape over the speaker to quiet it down... 2. Practice with the box and collar so get used to it... 3. If your working in hedge rows think seriously about a loc8tor for above ground searching and use it in conjunction with the ferret finder in case your ferret makes a break for it you don't see... 4. Make sure the collar is secure because things happen it the warren and ferrets lose loose collars... 5. Get someone experienced with a ferret finder to show you the little tricks that experience teaches. :victory::signthankspin:

I'm sure others will be along shortly to add to this list... Its just what I've picked up, good luck...

Stu :drinks:

A lenth of bramble. Just poke it about a bit till you find the laid up fella give it a twist and pull the rabbit out. The ferret will follow. if not attached. Im old fashioned lol.

what if theres no brambles where your ferreting, or if its a large warren, prehaps 20ft away from an entrance hole :hmm:

A lenth of bramble. Just poke it about a bit till you find the laid up fella give it a twist and pull the rabbit out. The ferret will follow. if not attached. Im old fashioned lol.

Wish all the burrows i work are that shallow id two 7 foot digs last year and my mate pedro had one id of like to see a bit of bramble pulling those rabbits out

what if theres no brambles where your ferreting, or if its a large warren, prehaps 20ft away from an entrance hole :hmm:

Wish all the burrows i work are that shallow id two 7 foot digs last year and my mate pedro had one id of like to see a bit of bramble pulling those rabbits out

No seriously i still have a very old one its about twenty years old and still works. Was thinking of investing in a new one this winter. Any surgestions. I am only just getting back into it this winter after a long time out. I just hope we get some good frosts down south this winter