Khan vs Presscot

This is the thing,its too early in the kids career to tell these things......in my opinion khan was being rushed along too quickly which is the downside to media hype...........id like to have seen him learn his

you make it sound like he had a title fight

did you agree with the match up before the fight???

personally i dont think it was too much too soon.

Not too much too soon khan been nannyed up to now :thumbdown: met a fighter of the class he thinks he is and and was taken out :victory: cant wait for the rematch i need another laugh :big_boss:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MaughSar

amir khan struggled as soon as he left oliver harrisons gym ,seems a bit ironic frank warren always wanted him with a different trainer he's been crap since he left olivers ! im quite pleased he got beat and a few quid better off !

When i said Khan was chinny,and Gnasher you made comparisons with Benn and Hearns.Then yes both Hearns and Benn were chinny,but never in the chinny league of Khan.Prescott lands with a jab after seconds of the start,a nothing punch,obviously thrown as a rangefinder yet it rocked Khan to his soles,then a glancing scuff across his temple had him doing a jig.The right and left that followed had him bordering on sleep,long before the "coup de grace" was delivered".Hearns had a slug fest with A prime Leonard and a prime Hagler,and yes he was knocked senseless,but it was an accumulation of punches that finally finished him.Benn had his infamous war with Mclleland (very sad outcome) Benn was hanging out of the ring in the first,and badly shaken on a few occasions during the fight and still won,but!! Benn was only found wanting in the highest echelons of the sport,he was rattled and beaten but only by the best.Khan has been wobbled by nearly every fighter he's fought,and by some "nothing" punches.I think his career was built on an ice pedestal,and it started melting during the Limond fight.As always its just my oppinion,but id bet my house that Khan career will end with a bang,namely another night like Saturday,no amount of defensive skill or conditioning will stop him being hit,and when it happens he will fall yet again.

When i said Khan was chinny,and Gnasher you made comparisons with Benn and Hearns.Then yes both Hearns and Benn were chinny,but never in the chinny league of Khan.Prescott lands with a jab after seconds of the start,a nothing punch,obviously thrown as a rangefinder yet it rocked Khan to his soles,then a glancing scuff across his temple had him doing a jig.The right and left that followed had him bordering on sleep,long before the "coup de grace" was delivered".Hearns had a slug fest with A prime Leonard and a prime Hagler,and yes he was knocked senseless,but it was an accumulation of punches that finally finished him.Benn had his infamous war with Mclleland (very sad outcome) Benn was hanging out of the ring in the first,and badly shaken on a few occasions during the fight and still won,but!! Benn was only found wanting in the highest echelons of the sport,he was rattled and beaten but only by the best.Khan has been wobbled by nearly every fighter he's fought,and by some "nothing" punches.I think his career was built on an ice pedestal,and it started melting during the Limond fight.As always its just my oppinion,but id bet my house that Khan career will end with a bang,namely another night like Saturday,no amount of defensive skill or conditioning will stop him being hit,and when it happens he will fall yet again.

re benn......if you rmember bill nigel benn was knocked down and on the verge of defeat against anthony logan ( a complete nobody ) BEFORE the watson fight....now i wouldnt put anthony logan in the " highest echelons " of the sport,in fact id put him pretty near the bottom of the sport.......also benn was physically in his prime and at his strongest being a relatively late starter to the sport at top level......in other words he was physically mature which khan is not completely.....incidentally,thats not my opinion on benns chin its his own words that he had poor punch resistance.

re hearns.....just as an example,watch his fight with our own dennis andries......hurt,down and almost out on several occasions on route to an eventual stoppage win.....again i wouldnt place dennis andries as an outstanding fighter in fact he was very limeted but very determined and i had every respect for him winning a title....but thats another story !

No amount of defensive skill will stop him being hit ? :blink: ....kind of scratching my head at that one....what is defensive skill if its not stopping yourself from being hit.....i say again ,talking about a kids career being ended at 21 years old because he took a bad loss.......thank god marvin hagler didnt do that when he lost....or george foreman when he lost......or.......anyone,no everyone else !

Hearns duress in that fight looked to me to be caused by sheer attrition ...opposed to chinnyness. Andries... for the reasons you quoted for Benn was a strong fit mature man....and mentally very strong indeed.

It was chinnyness mate,plain and simple....ok as another example....watch hearns fight with james kinchen,in despreate trouble many times during that fight....same when he fought juan roldan desperately clinging on to his legs !.....or when iran barkley knocked him out the ring.....none of these were known hard punchers......hearns just could not take a punch,even a relatively weak punch in average competition........it didnt stop him being a 5 weight world champion though did it......and thats my only point regarding khan....not putting khan in their league obviously but you get my point.

Edited by gnasher16
No amount of defensive skill will stop him being hit ? :blink: ....kind of scratching my head at that one....what is defensive skill if its not stopping yourself from being hit.....i say again ,talking about a kids career being ended at 21 years old because he took a bad loss.......thank god marvin hagler didnt do that when he lost....or george foreman when he lost......or.......anyone,no everyone else !

Gnasher, let me more specific.The greatest fighters and the greatest defensive technicians were still hit (just less often than most) and yes Benn had a nightmare evening that night but Benn wasn't staggered by every moderately hard punch in every fight.Khan is freakishly big for a lightweight and freakishly chinny.I'm stunned that anyone could fail to be shocked at how easily he is tagged,and how easily he kisse's canvas.Whilst im no expert,ive been following this game for 35 years,and i've seen many Khans over the years.Its a sad fact of life that some boxers will not have the necessary attributes in every area i.e. A decent chin,and boxing brain.Khans reaction to being stunned or hurt is to save face by trying to man it out.On the subject of Khans age,maturity and lack of high level experience,this kid was highly ranked enough to walk from terrestral tv and go ppv for a nothing fight.Heres how i see it,comeback against a bum,followed by some more "easy nights" once the public are taken in by the hype again him and warren announce some abstract world title fight where yet again Khan is found wanting in the chin department.lastly im stunned that some have compared him to Hamed,Hamed was the real deal,he just started to believe the hype and walked away from the people who had taken him where he was.Bill :thumbs:

Guest gaz100604
on hearing that khan wants a rematch prescot said i will fight him in his house if he wants

lol prescott will take him clean out again and this time he will have a way bigger purse to do it.