Khan vs Presscot

Guest gaz100604

To say khan is useless is just silly talk,nobody wins an olympic medal without having at least talent....how far that talent takes you is another matter......

just look at audley harrison , they must of been giving away gold medals that year either that or he stole it off someone in the changing room the big sack of shit

well kahn should start to listen to people forget all the bullshit comparing him to ali and that. and get back to basics, i personally think hes not going to do it but hes a young lad lets see what happens.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all hype behind him so huge money can be made off his name , "undoubted talent" , i disagree there nothing ive seen thats world class,. theres so much wind been blown up his ass it aint even funny and it this game if a guy cant take a half decent shot its pointless. whats he gonna do not get hit in and entire fight against world class oposition.? this guy who kod him is hardly world class either hes an up and comming fighter like kahn learning his trade. kahn was an embarrasment to himself and the country.

Getting knocked out happens in boxing mate thats why its called the science of hitting without getting hit back....but it doesnt always go to plan.....that doesnt mean someone suddenly has no talent it just means they have to compensate for their weakness in this case by becoming defensively sound,which khan never was....why was he an embarrassment ? getting knocked spark out is no fun.....we will see the type of character khan is by the way he responds to this setback......if he proves he genuinely isnt up to top level then so be it......but he doesnt strike me as a cur who will give up and go home in a sulk when he cant have the ball....the trouble is people dont see the sacrifices fighters make,they think the chap turns up wins gets paid and go,s home.....it takes guts to live a fighters life and it takes sacrifice,if you think he will just hang his gloves up now he has lost...well......he wouldnt even have made it this far with that attitude.

just look at audley harrison , they must of been giving away gold medals that year either that or he stole it off someone in the changing room the big sack of shit

well kahn should start to listen to people forget all the bullshit comparing him to ali and that. and get back to basics, i personally think hes not going to do it but hes a young lad lets see what happens.

I think your getting carried away with cheap talk mate.....i know it sounds good and funny to say fighters are a "sack of shit "....but even old audley was british title level.....that might be a sack of shit compared to world title level but its the elite of the sport compared to you and me so lets not get carried away with words...personally i respect any fighter good or bad who is willing to get in and do battle......audley harrison had the talent to win an olympic medal,like i said,how far that talent takes you in the pro,s is a different matter,in his case....not very far...........in muhammed ali,s case..............well.

Guest gaz100604

Getting knocked out happens in boxing mate thats why its called the science of hitting without getting hit back....but it doesnt always go to plan.....that doesnt mean someone suddenly has no talent it just means they have to compensate for their weakness in this case by becoming defensively sound,which khan never was....why was he an embarrassment ? getting knocked spark out is no fun.....we will see the type of character khan is by the way he responds to this setback......if he proves he genuinely isnt up to top level then so be it......but he doesnt strike me as a cur who will give up and go home in a sulk when he cant have the ball....the trouble is people dont see the sacrifices fighters make,they think the chap turns up wins gets paid and go,s home.....it takes guts to live a fighters life and it takes sacrifice,if you think he will just hang his gloves up now he has lost...well......he wouldnt even have made it this far with that attitude.

fair points, but say he gets a good defence and keeps the hands up.he takes on a few bums nails em gets the confidence back up. fights for a world title.what happens when he gets hit on the chin or takes a half decent shot ? answer hes stretchered out of there again he doesnt even have a half decent chin did you see the state of him his legs did a michael flatley impersanition.

and thats when he took a JAB. because of this hes not going to shake it up with the big boys. if you cant take a punch your f****d. and thats what kahn is f****d. you say he has bundles of natural talent? give me examples of when hes shown this. ive seen all his fights all the BUMS hes fought and hes been lucky not to of been kod by two of them.HES been made to look good against nobodys journey men at best . from what ive obsereved if he cant blow them away he gets weary and disorinted and sluggish, he dont hit as hard as he thinks either. lets see waht happens but i have a feeling we will be talking again bout another ko loss.

Guest gaz100604

[i think your getting carried away with cheap talk mate.....i know it sounds good and funny to say fighters are a "sack of shit "....but even old audley was british title level.....that might be a sack of shit compared to world title level but its the elite of the sport compared to you and me so lets not get carried away with words...personally i respect any fighter good or bad who is willing to get in and do battle......audley harrison had the talent to win an olympic medal,like i said,how far that talent takes you in the pro,s is a different matter,in his case....not very far...........in muhammed ali,s case..............well.

your taking it all too seriously lad. harrison turned down an offer to be trained by the legendary lennox lewis, that says it all about his ambition :wallbash: did you see his ko loss to sprocket he said after the fight " the ref stopped it too early" lol he was kod for 5 minuites afterwards. he should give up hes past it at 37.

in fairness kahn being a young lad he has time to work on defence, but you can only make so many excuses

any other pro kahn vs anti kahn comments?

fair points, but say he gets a good defence and keeps the hands up.he takes on a few bums nails em gets the confidence back up. fights for a world title.what happens when he gets hit on the chin or takes a half decent shot ? answer hes stretchered out of there again he doesnt even have a half decent chin did you see the state of him his legs did a michael flatley impersanition.

and thats when he took a JAB. because of this hes not going to shake it up with the big boys. if you cant take a punch your f****d. and thats what kahn is f****d. you say he has bundles of natural talent? give me examples of when hes shown this. ive seen all his fights all the BUMS hes fought and hes been lucky not to of been kod by two of them.HES been made to look good against nobodys journey men at best . from what ive obsereved if he cant blow them away he gets weary and disorinted and sluggish, he dont hit as hard as he thinks either. lets see waht happens but i have a feeling we will be talking again bout another ko loss.

To simplify my point....i suggest you take a good close look at the career start to finish of nigel benn......better still take a look at the career of tommy hearns who won 5 world titles fighting some of the elite fighters in world boxing......hearns had an awful chin throughout his career........but.....his attack was his best means of defence same with benn....fantastic head movement,good structured attacks....but when the time came they had to take serious shots they was found wanting,why do you think they made for such exciting fights you never knew if they was going to knock out or get knocked out.......

Gnasher,from reading your posts i think id be right in thinking you still fancy Knan to win a world title,but do you think if he does will he do so by fighting any of the decent fighters in the weight or do you think the old politics will come into it from the warrens and the like to try and pick what fights he takes to get a belt...or maybe even move into another weight depending of the strength of the opposition,i think myself any decent fighter in his weight will take him apart well before the 6 round even if he does tighten up his defence as the likes of benn although certainly his jaw being his weakness,could still take few heavy hits to offload his own to end fights,the Iran Barkley slugfest springs to mind...khan on the other hand doesnt have this kinda power in his locker.

To win a belt i know he will need to take a few decent fights but its going to be interesting just how many fights out there Warren and co are going to try and now avoid for him but still have him a world champion ?

Edited by gaz
[i think your getting carried away with cheap talk mate.....i know it sounds good and funny to say fighters are a "sack of shit "....but even old audley was british title level.....that might be a sack of shit compared to world title level but its the elite of the sport compared to you and me so lets not get carried away with words...personally i respect any fighter good or bad who is willing to get in and do battle......audley harrison had the talent to win an olympic medal,like i said,how far that talent takes you in the pro,s is a different matter,in his case....not very far...........in muhammed ali,s case..............well.

your taking it all too seriously lad. harrison turned down an offer to be trained by the legendary lennox lewis, that says it all about his ambition :wallbash: did you see his ko loss to sprocket he said after the fight " the ref stopped it too early" lol he was kod for 5 minuites afterwards. he should give up hes past it at 37.

in fairness kahn being a young lad he has time to work on defence, but you can only make so many excuses

any other pro kahn vs anti kahn comments?

Lad ? :D ....i imagine i,ll be hitting the earth before you pal......anyway....lennox lewis has never trained a fighter why would harrison choose him as a trainer.........as regards excuses....im not pro khan and i have made no excuses for him.....ive spent near 40 years seeing promising fighters come and go some made good some didnt....im certainly not going to start making excuses for a ......erm,asian chap !

Edited by gnasher16
Guest gaz100604

To simplify my point....i suggest you take a good close look at the career start to finish of nigel benn......better still take a look at the career of tommy hearns who won 5 world titles fighting some of the elite fighters in world boxing......hearns had an awful chin throughout his career........but.....his attack was his best means of defence same with benn....fantastic head movement,good structured attacks....but when the time came they had to take serious shots they was found wanting,why do you think they made for such exciting fights you never knew if they was going to knock out or get knocked out.......

i give up you landed the ko punch lol.

ps does kahn have the style, the boxing skills , the power ?the heart?,the cunningness? that alot of these fighters had,thats the big question

i give up you landed the ko punch lol.

ps does kahn have the style, the boxing skills , the power ?the heart?,the cunningness? that alot of these fighters had,thats the big question

This is the thing,its too early in the kids career to tell these things......in my opinion khan was being rushed along too quickly which is the downside to media hype...........id like to have seen him learn his trade for longer maybe even stay amateur a few more years.....but moneys the magnet of course.....at least this way he would have learned how to have a defence as well as an attack !...

Skills ? yes possibly....Power ? yes possibly......heart ? who knows he hasnt had to show any yet apart from the limond fight which was more about instinct than actual heart in a long drawn out war.....cunningness ? with experience possibly.......after all said and done,the kid is still only a prospect....in my opinion a good one,but certainly nowhere near the finished article.....all the best my fingers hurt :thumbs:

well i for one cant wait for the next fight ,thats the fight depending on the opponent that will show if he has a heart ,the other guy will be coming in knowing khan can be stopped and khan will have his ko in the back of his mind i just hope they pick some one decent which i doubt ,personally i dont think khan will ever be the top of any weight division

This is the thing,its too early in the kids career to tell these things......in my opinion khan was being rushed along too quickly which is the downside to media hype...........id like to have seen him learn his

you make it sound like he had a title fight

did you agree with the match up before the fight???

personally i dont think it was too much too soon.