afgan x

Guest smashygadge

Guest smashygadge

just wondering if afgan has ever been widley used in the cross of lurcher in the past or present .their are afgan breeders on my street .they are hefty big looking hound and i beleive they can run .but has it been in any decent lurcher.if so let me see them piks .and tell me your story. :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
thanks lads ! :notworthy:

there shuld be more out there my mate bred a litter 18 mounth ago !!! many to working homes so there shuld be some around huntmanpezza

i dare say they can tackle the od hare or 2 :thumbs:

Had an AFGAN back in the 80's...Bloody nightmare....Once she was off the lead she would just piss off over the nearest hill. :censored:

Couldnt half move over a ploughed field mind, as they are bred to bay Snow leopards in the rough hills of Afganistan. She was a hand full if she took a dislike to another dog to.

The coat is a nightmare in this country and she had to be kept trimmed.

The saluki cross in the above post looks like a hell of a dog mind, and would be more than a match for a fox.

Dont expect it to catch on and take over from the collie or beddlington crosses, but varity is........ :clapper:

Guest smashygadge
Had an AFGAN back in the 80's...Bloody nightmare....Once she was off the lead she would just piss off over the nearest hill. :censored:

Couldnt half move over a ploughed field mind, as they are bred to bay Snow leopards in the rough hills of Afganistan. She was a hand full if she took a dislike to another dog to.

The coat is a nightmare in this country and she had to be kept trimmed.

The saluki cross in the above post looks like a hell of a dog mind, and would be more than a match for a fox.

Dont expect it to catch on and take over from the collie or beddlington crosses, but varity is........ :clapper:

i can quite see your points and very intresting i would of thought they would be fairly handy on certain things and their again the bad .and also that dog above does look the buisness.

also thats another thing i was thinking what with seeing the ones down the road they have some hair on them.just very intrested in the comments as i well no their are lots of widley used breeds .but theirs always new ones too.but as you say the afgan was bred as a working dog in afganistan :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
My neighbour has a Sloughi, not a working dog, and they are very closely related to the afgan. Same as my Afgan, no recall at all.... :censored:

I have read that its all to do with the shape of the head, not very bright... :whistling:

thats what i was thinking when ive seen them trotting up the street but then i saw the lads dog on here and i thought they dont look too bad .but saying that it looks to have thrown more saluki :thumbs: so i thought i would see if any other men use them