Best dry feed

Just wondering which dry feed people think is the best for working dogs?

I have always used Chudleys working crunch, but have just switched to my local feedstores mix due to its higher protein(30%) In the summer, when the dogs are doing nothing they are put on a standard mix, which is a bit cheaper

I use red mills tracker, and you can feed meat [and veg] with it, if you reduce the amount, used it for years, and all my dogs have always done very well on it. Racer, when they are working.

Cheers mate, was wondering about Redmill, seen the adverts in the weekly, will have to get the local feedstore to order it though.

What sort of price is it?

Guest freestate hunter

countryman during the summer months i would yous afeed called red mills tracker it has a lower protein than the red mills racer [28 per pro] it helps them to stay a bit clamer when they r not as active.

we get it off a local dogie man for £9.50 per 20kg bag good stuff made in the south of Ireland for greyhounds top gear would not go by it.

i use snyed's wonder dog it comes from doncaster 25% protien ive used about 30 brands over the years .but i was on a shoot and a lad was sponserd by this make so he gave me a bag to try .on the lurchers its a good weight gain nice hard stools (shit) the dogs love it there are diffrent protien levels through out the year when the dogs arnt as active,plus puppy ,etc 'and it good value for money i sell it out out £8.50 a bag i buy it by the ton it works out at £6.15 a bag there is a delivery charge so if iny one wants the tel number let us no. its not far from me so i pick it up . hope this might help ya out [bANNED TEXT] :good:

eukenuba, high maintence, 32 % protein, is by far the best stuffed ive used for my coursing dog, has everything you need in it and keeps him stripped right out, so he,s carrying no exesss fat. it is pricey tho at £42

Going to go easy on this thread?The amount of protein fed also concerns the age of the dog.IMO a dog is at its peak at around 4-6years of age and this is when the protein should be highest ,in accordance with the working season.There is some medical evidence to suggest that dogs past thier prime have difficulty in digesting high protein contents.The excess protein passes straight through the dog.Some kidney damage is also possible through too high a protein.I lessen the content as the dog gets older.

Country Wide stores do a good range of protein contents for £10 a bag.

eukenuba, high maintence, 32 % protein, is by far the best stuffed ive used for my coursing dog, has everything you need in it and keeps him stripped right out, so he,s carrying no exesss fat. it is pricey tho at £42

Mate- Dont keep your dog too lean.During excercise ,the dog may need to call on some fat reserves.If there are none, then muscle breakdown occurs to some extent.A dog in for a hard day should start with some reserves.

Mate- Dont keep your dog too lean.During excercise ,the dog may need to call on some fat reserves.If there are none, then muscle breakdown occurs to some extent.A dog in for a hard day should start with some reserves.

before i fed eukenuba, dog would look like his weight was fine, then after a day on the fens, he would look like a skeleton. now he comes off the fens the same as he did going on them. i,ve used this stuff for the last 3 seasons and wouldn,t touch out else. i do put him on a less protein diet threw summer when he,s not run.

When talking about our dogs diets we always mention the protein percentage, but carbohydrates are of equall importance and are usually overlooked. Without a good level of carbs in a dogs diet, its energy level cant be expected to be great. Usually the day before i know my dogs are due to run i will slightly increase their carb %. The simple foods that can be used to do this are mashed potatoe and pasta. You do have to be carefull with the amount of carbs as to much could cause cramping when the dog is run.

All the best Tommy :D